Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about making hash with ISO alcohol.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Big D Johnson, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Ive always wondered, and its always kept me from making the ISO hash. When you make ISO hash, does the finished product have any trace amounts of ISO alcohol in it? Im just wondering because I really dont want to be smoking what is essentially rubbing alcohol.

2. If properly evaporated, which is nearly impossible not to do correctly with QWISO, the amount of isopropanol remaining in the finished product will be so minute that it isn't an issue at all.

3. if properly evaporated, there won't be any minute amount to worry about ;)

4. Pour some ISO in a bowl. Let it sit for a couple of hours, come back and it's gone.

You just learned all you need to know about ISO evaporation.

5. yeah once its done all the way u wont be able to smell any iso at all then is when i say its safe

6. Your hash will also smell similar to what you put into the wash

7. Liquids evaporate and turn gas. Alcohol is a liquid. Water is a liquid. Therefore they will both disappear. When you think its dry and everything looks evaporated it isn't. Wait another 12 hours before scraping to ensure all the alcohol is gone