Question about lsd strain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WaffenGrow, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Been flippin through grow logs and the net and just about every picture of lsd strain flowering shows the hairs pretty much all white.

My question is, does the lsd strain hairs turn red like the other strains when ready for harvest?

2. Hey it may be a bad question lol, so in an attempt to get an answer ill share a bit about my plant.

Its lsd strain, sprouted early november, now about a month into flowering, it had been topped for rooms sake which made it mad bushy, colas bout two feet tall. Long, very long, white hairs. Does seem to me the buds themselves arent as bulky as I had hoped so far.

First grow alone, self made grow box. One 50 watt (i think) hps bulb, 1 54 watt cfl, 2 43 watt cfl and one 30ish watt cfl. Four comp fans, two high out, two low in.

I would post mad pics but my phone just wont upload onto grasscity

3. I believe that my plant is LSD and yes my hairs are just turning red/brown now!! gona chop in a week. mine is very small tho and has been 12/12 its whole life. it is still growing some new white hairs so with your pheno it might just take a long time for hairs to turn red.  let me know how it turned out

IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG

4. #4 Buffalo11024, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    i found that growing a skunk phenotype there was some really rapid growth. with quite a stretch at onset of flower cycle. buds never did get very dense when I let it veg for about 30 days. colas produced but undergrowth was weak. They did produce some of the better smoke though, and the plant overall yielded better than the rest. I had to give it another shot. Took about 63 days to finish and pistils stayed white until about day 55. The plants I grew had a fairly short harvest window, and new growth started in just a couple days. It can be easy to miss so get a scope. I found a sog setup with an early flower to be better for these plants. I recommend topping them early to produce 4-6 colas per plant. I find better bud density, less need for support during flower, and greater yields per sq ft when plants are kept small with this strain.

5. Yes the pistils turn red, LSD isn't a white strain.

Skunk#1 X Mazar, its a good strain.

6. Yeah pistils will turn red/brown still.

For all you guys experienced with the strain is barneys and BOGs the same genetics basically? I cant find much on BOGs but have read that his is really the original lsd

7. Yes, my pistols turned on my lsd plants.

Transformer, that plant looks no where near done.

8. Dont chop in a week or else you will be very disappointed

Not the same strain at all, Barney's get their LSD from Amnesia that's why you can't buy it in Barney's coffee shops in Amsterdam.

I've not heard of anybody running LSD from BOG for a while.

10. #10 Transformerpoison, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    Im still thinking it will be done in a week maybe two at most here are some more pictures like i said its a very small plant, i want to harvest early because i don't want the plant to get messed up, there are a lot of leaves dying and i am worried how much longer till the plant will die. my current guess for harvest is about 4-6 grams am i close with that guess? i have used no nutrients and only have 3 low power cfl bulbs. 
    some purple on some of the little leaves!! is this common of LSD? IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG

11. Its natural for the leaves to die as it flowers. Its not a bad thing. Actually if they weren't dying as it flowered that would be more of a concern than them dying

12. thanks sammy :smoke: , I'm looking at starting a new grow what strain would you say is better for a new grower? i plan on getting seeds from an online shop. Durbin Poison, Chem Dog, cindy 99, or Lsd? and so far this LSD has been very easy to take care of. 

13. I did C99 from female seeds (heard there are other breeders that have it but not sure) my first grow and found it to be an easy plant to grow. Good potency and yield was ok but it was my first grow so i wasnt expecting lbs lol.

I understand this was youre first grow and just getting your feet wet. In the future i recommend upgrading lights, and feed nutes. Cfls and organic nutes can both be found cheaply at lowes.

And i know youre determined on harvesting that plant soon, if you do then you do but for future grows i would recommend letting them fully mature before harvesting...the difference in potency and yield is like night and day

14. "And i know youre determined on harvesting that plant soon, if you do then you do but for future grows i would recommend letting them fully mature before harvesting...the difference in potency and yield is like night and day"
    Im going to follow this advise how long do you think till harvest a month? trichomes are only half milky at most, and 30% of the hairs are red.
    Can you tell if it is in fact LSD from the pictures? I have more as a plant too.. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1243573-first-time-grow-indoors-1212-high-quality-pictures.html

15. #15 JellyJade, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    I wanted to chime in for anyone who may still be growing this strain... 4 years later haha. Nonetheless my experience may be helpful to others.

Iv grown this for a few rounds now and can say that this is a great plant, very pest resistant and a resilient plant. The first two times I ended up chopping early (newer grower) as the plant does look to mature very quickly (2 phenos very similar) so it's easy to feel that way. BUT this time I let it go longer and boy am I glad I did. She packs on weight and serious density the last two weeks. Using terpinator this round made the frostiness of this girl glisten in the light like fine glass. Very impressed, I'm also running a power plant and damn they both are doing great.

These pics are week 6 but it's week 7 now and the trichs are about 50% milky now so another week at the least maybe even another! I want maximum potency out of this girl! These nugs are rocks right now no joke. Each plant in the 2 gals will yield at least an oz which is what I aimed for on the low side.
    IMG_20171030_131726930.jpg IMG_20171030_131708607.jpg IMG_20171027_225050297.jpg IMG_20171027_225042307.jpg
    Running coco DTW 32 x 2 gals - 3x6 table. 2x BESTVA 2000W models with Remo Nutrients

Cheers everyone! Hope this gives a lil guidance from my own experience!