Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety Question about long term CBD use & anxiety .

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rob31, Jun 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hi, I wanted to try a high cbd strain for treating anxiety, but I read in one study that long term use might possibly increase anxiety. Have any of you used high cbd strains long term, and have you developed any increase in anxiety while using or after stopping? Do you develop tolerance to the cbd?

Thanks.

2. Thc can cause anxiety. Cbd seems to counter that. Here's an interesting article.

https://www.medicaljane.com/2014/05/29/finding-the-optimal-therapeutic-ratio-of-thc-and-cbd/

I've used cbd by itself, and I do notice a calming effect. With certain strains I do notice higher anxiety levels or paranoia, but the cbd itself works against that. It seems the tolerance almost resets when I get up in the morning. I have no problem feeling effects first thing in the morning. As far as stopping I noticed no side efffects. No panic attacks or strange feelings. I did last for a few hours, maybe 5 or 6. I didn't smoke cannabis all morning. But I noticed that my brain was ok with that because the cbd was in my system.

3. CBD Drip Gold

This stuff I found at the local vape store. Only place in town. You have to call around. CBD is legal in 50 states from what I've been told. Anyways, my girlfriend put this in her vape pen, and I put drops under my tongue. Fantastic, calming feeling. I don't know this website, but I just wanted to show you the product. Surprisingly, the one that was more expensive at 34.95, had less effect than the one for 12.95. For 12.95, it was absolutely worth the money. Lasted me and my girl 4 or 5 days. Good luck to you.

4. I was buying some great CBD/THC cross shatter, about 30% thc and 30% cbd. Course the dispensary had to go and screw that up. Stuff went from being a beautiful light amber, with notes of cherry cough syrup on the taste, to being almost black, burnt tasting crap.

Arizona has one stupid mmj program. Zero regulation on the dispensaries, no requirement for testing, and talk about inconsistent. One trip will be great, the next batch will be utter garbage.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's terrible man. I'm in Missouri or as people that live here call it...Misery. We have no medical cannabis system in place. Only black market. We have a vote at the end of the year, but it may not pass. I literally have friends that are dying. My sister lost her husband. He overdosed on Heroin. My friend is on prescriptions and alcohol, but he's having seizures and they're getting worse. The jail is full in my city. But cannabis is still illegal and still a drug. Ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 AZMMJ85, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that Arizona has a mmj program, but the way it is set up, we are not allowed home grows, that's a class 2 felony. We are forced into the dispensaries, who are setup and run by multi millionaires who care not for the patient, they got into it for the $$$.

This state has zero requirement on lab testing, and any dispensary inspections the state has to give at least a week's notice before they are allowed to even go into one.

Give me a week's notice and that is plenty of time to sweep the dirt under the rug as it were.

I have been out of weed for almost a week now, and quite frankly I don't even want to waste my money on the hay these places are peddling. I would rather keep the money and have a few extra hundred in my pocket each month.

Only problem is my back is the shape of an S, I have severe hip dysplasia, sciatica, and now the doctor's want to test me for early stages of MS. Isn't life just peachy? Cannabis is the only thing that helps, but quite honestly id rather go without than support big business.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's unfortunate. You know, in the mid to late 90's, people thought that what happened in CA would spread across the country. You know what happened? The money won out over the compassion. I know plenty of people suffering from all sorts of ailments. Prescription drugs just don't do it. I hate that it's about money. Allow home grows and allow people to take donations for their efforts. Not drug dealing. Taking donations. People like yourself need good medicine. As do I. I have a friend who's literally dying from prescription drugs and alcohol. My girlfriends aunt is hooked on oxys and fentanyl. Her doctor told her she will never be off prescription drugs. Sad state of affairs, my friend. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I really want to find some good cbd strain seeds. My friend also has seizures about once a month. I feel cbd could really help him.

9. The garbage around here is worse than hay, tastes like chemicals. mexican cartel bud. Yuk.

10. CBD therapy by CBD crew looked good, I'm going to grow it out on my next grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. My wife has anxiety and migraines and she has been treating via MMJ for about 3 years with no problems. She started with high CBD strains and low THC. She still uses mostly indicas but now with high THC lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. How are the headaches now? Is her anxiety low? Does she eat it or vape or what? People are realizing that MMJ is absolutely a healing plant. That makes me happy.