Question about lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jbyrd, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hello there,

This should be simple. :)

I have my flowering cycle running right now 12/12 and the schedule is conflicting with mine. When I need to get in there to work, it's night and I can't until it's later than I like to stay up on work nights.

That being said, I've read somewhere (I just can't find it now) that there is a certain spectrum LED (green maybe?) that I can pick up and use to enter my room when it's technically night time for them without effecting the flowering process. Any ideas?

Also, if that is not an option, I'm 5 days in to 12/12 and if it's possible, could step the lights back 2 hours. Currently 9:30pm - 9:30am, was thinking if I switched timers to 7:30pm - 7:30am it would be easier for me. Would that change totally throw them for a loop?

Of course I can always deal with the lack of sleep for 8 more weeks..lol!

Thanks for any advice!

Peace!

2. I'd just go ahead and adjust the light schedule to match yours, the negative effects will be negligible if any.

3. You won't have any negative effects from switching the lights. Just increase your dark period by two hours for the next six days. If you don't want to wait 6 days, you could probably increase the dark cycle by 4 hours and have it switched over in 3 days. 12 hours on, 14 hours off will have them switched over to your schedule in 6 days. Just be sure that you never give them more than 12 hours of light.