1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

question about lighting.

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by skully, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Hey everyone,
    Im a novice grower,Im learning as i go.I have a really descent grow room on the go and need info on lighting.I have 2 48 in flourescent light fixtures holding 2 bulbs each.I was wandering what kind of bulbs would be the best from start to finish?I was leaning towards "gro lux".Im just not sure if I want wide spectrums or what?Anyone with some info that could help me out.Id really appreciate it.
    thanx muchly

2. seedling and vegatative = GE chroma 5000
    flowering/budding = GE chroma 3000

P.S. how bigs your grow room?

3. Ok,so would I need 4 GE chroma 5000 and 4 GE chroma 3000,or would 2 of each do me good and if they do can I plug them in all at the same time?Im only planning on have maybe 4 or 5 plants in there at a time.The space in the closet I have going is about 3 feet long and 5 feet wide.

4. You won't get much of a harvest using just flouros but you'll need full spectrum and/or wide spectrum tubes...for flowering get an HPS.

5. Um ok,
    Then whats up with the GE chroma 5000 and 3000 do i need thoes and full spectrum or what the heck??????

6. 4 flouros arent goin to be that good in that big of a space:(. Either get a 400 - 1000watt HPS or get 2 150Watt security HPS lights from homedepot or lowes. that will work much better and give you a bigger harvest:).

7. So if i get 4 400-1000 watt hps or 4 150 watt security hps it will be fine from seedling to budding?

thanx a lot for your help.i appreciate it

8. no not 4 of them. either just one of the 400 watt HPS lights or two of the 150watt HPS security lights. 4 of even just the little 150watters would be way to hot. 4 1000 watter lights in that small place would be a huge fire hazard.:)

you need sidious to help ya out. he is probably the most knowedgable person;)

this is a 150watt security light available at home depot for $60.

Attached Files:

9. Great I was thinking that kinda wattage was crazy.so i just need the 400 watt hps or the security light.is that all the lighting i need in my grow room?

10. keep the fluros and get "cool white" tubes 4 them they look a bit blue and the warm look a bit orange) they r good 4 raising seedlings and clones plus u can use them aswell as a HPS during the veg/flower stage of ur grow.

if u can get a 400w hps then that wud b best, if not 2 or more of the smaller hps lights and ur fluros will do a good job. the hps light is a bit orange so the cool blue fluros will balance the light just nice.

11. thats a good idea, use a combo of fluros and HPS. good idea barnaby:).

12. ..and if using only flouros get a combination of warm whites and cool whites, more cool whites for vegging and more warm whites for flowering...usually 2:1.

Grasscity Deals Near You