Question about light, for new borns

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jesus9112, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Im about to plant 2 seeds that i germinated i have one light fixture that ive found and a light bulb at 6400k will this be a enough for a few days or will i need more. And when i have 2 plants in a small pc grow box how many lights will i need thanks..

2. I am figuring/hoping your light is a CFL........ this should be labled in ACTUAL WATTS. I dont want to know equiv. watts...(thats all bullshit when it comes to growing. IS IT NOT A CFL? IS IT A "REGULAR BULB?" if it is, through it away.

THE ONLY WAY YOU R GOING TO DO YOUR 1ST GROW ON A BUDGET IS WITH CFLS... (they're the spiral type bulbs)........

6400K is what you want AT FIRST when your bulbs are under 18 hours of light a day. SO, SINCE they are small... this li8ght should be ok..... 2 should be OK untill they get about 6 inches tall AT MAX...... then you should have AT LEAST 100 WATTs of ACTUAL 6400 K light on them 18 hours aday........ WHEN they ARE 1/2 AS TALL AS YOU WANT THEM TO BE.... SWITCH THEM TO 150 WATTS of 2700K CFL light. (12 hours light/12hrs dark) This is when you want to bring the BUD cycle.

MANY THINGS MATTER... beyond the amount of light.... if u r still interested... send picks, and keep asking questions.

3. thanks got that down planted and done. Will try to follow your instructions.