Question about light cycle

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wargasm666, Nov 25, 2012.

1. The room that I am growing in isn't exactly the best one, for example, there is going to be a fair amount of sunlight coming through the windows. I have a light set up and I was wondering if I could still use a 24-0 to 12-12 light cycle without ruining the flowering stage.

2. You need almost complete darkness for the 12 hour lights off cycle during the flower stage or they wont bud properly or may not bud at all

3. Okay. Another question I have is: How long should I run the light for 24 hours?

4. You shouldn't run 24 12/12 is the best in my experience the plant does things chemically in the dark that it doesn't in light
    Make sure you seal out ALL light or your wasting your time and risking your ass if people can see that light through the windows

5. In VEG stage run your lights at 18/6 ( no need for 24 hours on) until the plants get to the size you want them to be before you turn to 12/12 for bud. Some strains double in height during bud and others may grow by as much as 4 times so you have to factor this in when you determine when to change the light cycle