Question about Liftoff bowls

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by 2Kellz, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Hey, I'm wondering if there is a certain type of liftoff bowl that is prefered over others. Also what would the ideal liftoff bowl be like, in terms of specs. I'm really new to all this bong stuff so please keep the flaming on the downlow :p Thanks

2. by liftoff bowls do you mean slide's? if thats the case then i would say that there isn't a ideal slide but rather many different types of slide's that different groups of people prefer. my "ideal" slide would be glass on glass and either ice pinch of disc diffused. but long story short there are thousands of different variations of slides and only you can tell what you like the most. hope this helps

3. Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it sort of helps. If slide is the bowl where you pack the bud then yeah thats what i mean. I'm just confused on weather it is just a hallow tube or if there is a certain joint with it to keep the bud from falling down into the bong. Sorry if im not explaining properly.

4. I'll assume youre talking about GonG slides. Most slides now are "push" slides with 1 holes. These are most common but don't have as much functionality compared to Ice Pinch slides, multiple hole push slides, and the best would be Disk Diffused slides.

If you have any questions let me know.

5. Thank you both of you very much. That has cleared a lot up for me :p.

6. [quote name='"2Kellz"']Thank you both of you very much. That has cleared a lot up for me :p.[/quote]

They pretty much cleared everything up except for worked slides and customs.

Thicker glass is always better, as is worked glass which you can buy pre-made or order custom. Also there is the size you need which comes into account when pairing it with a piece. The three main G-on-G sizes are 14mm, 18mm, and 29mm.

14's used to be the most common but now 18mm is becoming the most popular for highend glass. 29mm slides are rare and so are their corresponding downstems but I have seen them before multiple times.

Also martini slides are your most common "push" slides (slide with only one hole), and like others said, for functionality, ice pinch, multi-hole and disc diffused slides allow the most air-flow and the functionality of each depends upon how they are made. Most blades consider disc diffused slides the most functional and best for airflow while some prefer the higher drag of the push style slides.

7. Thank you, theres one more thing i need help with :p Bare with me here guys. Does thicker mean better for a diffuser also? And would one be able to get away with just covering with holes of the diffuser with water and get away with a smooth hit? Thank you guys