Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question about iso alcohol....

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fiya666, Nov 9, 2010.

1. soo....the way to clean out my glass bowl is to put alochol in it and then pour out all the shit from the inside right?? and then in order to get the resin you let it evaporate in the sun for 24 hours right??..........sooo my question is what if its cold as fuck outside and u have no sun/heat to evaporate the shit to get your sweet resin.......can u guys help me out??

2. put your pipe in a ziplock back with enough alcohol to totally submerge it.

pour in a generous amount of salt, seal bag and shake vigorously.

rinse your piece with hot/warm water......you dont want that black shit that comes out of your pipe, just tar and other assorted nastiness.

3. Rubbing alchole + salt will get the resin out.

Or boil the bowl and the resin will float to the top, take the resin and let it dry.

4. You don't have to put it in the sun to evaporate. After sitting it inside somewhere for about 24 hours it will have evaporated.

5. cleaning glass:

step 1: pour in mr clean, alcohol , *insert cleaner here*
    step 2: let sit overnight
    step3: pour out ( save your cleaner its good for 1 or 2 cleanings)
    step 4: rinse
    step 5: if i have to tell you what to do with clean glass.....

whats this sun business?

6. so i should jus put it in a bag of iso and jus leave the bag open for 24 hrs?

7. i heard that you are supposed to leave it in teh sun to evaporate lol.....so jus let the shit sit for a few hours pour it out into a bowl or something and then jus let it sit? and i ll have resin 24 hrs later?

8. dont make such a simple process into a huge project man. it really is very easy to clean a glass pipe....just use your head and think about it for a sec man:confused:

9. i can clean it very easily.........i want the fucking resin though that everybody talks about getting after they clean it lol....thats the part i dont get

10. you want hash, or kief in which to make hash from.

The resin that your so infatuated with is just tar and other carcinogens rolled into a sticky ball. It tastes disgusting and should never be smoked by anyone over the age of 15

11. #11 Xenfire, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
    I'm not sure but are you wanting to get the resin out of your pipe to smoke it?

If so, just use a paperclip and scrape out as much as you can, then clean the pipe with iso like so:

1. Put bowl in ziplock bag (double bag it the bag usually rips for me)
    2. Pour in enough iso to cover the piece
    3. Pour in a decent amount of salt. There should be a 1/4 - 1/2 in. layer of salt at the bottom of the bag
    4. SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE as hard as you can until the piece inside is clean. If some isn't coming off, just let it soak for about 5 minutes and SHAKE AGAIN / repeat.
    5. Rinse bowl. Use tissue to wipe off any remaining resin inside your bowl.
    6. Dispose of nasty black alcohol and salt mixture, the bags, and the tissue (if used)

I don't recommend the use of resin but whatever floats your boat man. :smoke:

12. daaammnnn really???.......fuck man.....well thats a let down...but but but...so many ppl smoke resin and say its jus like fucking weed man.....damnit i need to look it up more

13. oh wait wait wait are you trying to make hash out of resin and try to smoke it?

NO

friends dont let friends smoke resin. :smoke:

and btw to get the resin out if you really want to smoke it is scrapping it out of your bowl. the iso or cleaner+ rinse method is for cleaning. you cant use ANY of that sludge after your run cleaner through it.

also with cleaning, all the resin comes out to give you clean glass. so the sun part wouldn't do anything anyway.:D

14. pppshhh allriighty than.....fuck that resin shit man.....like other dude said friends dont let friends smoke resin so fuck it.....ill go buy some dank tommorow and jus clean my shit tonight....thank you my fellow grasscity bretheren!

15. I think he has confused making ISO hash with using alcohol to clean a bong. ISO hash uses real weed or maybe clippings as the material to make the hash. You can save the resin from your bong when you clean it but that is just bong resin and not the stuff you see in the ISO forums...