Question about internodes (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KYGrow, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I only have one plant going so I've tied her branches down to let let into the center of the plant. The bud sites at each internode are growing up towards the light, my question is will this increase my yield or am I just making more stem?

Attached Files:

2. plant is 19 days into flower btw.

3. it will make the plant bushier, so yes it will increase the yield. It's called "supercropping".
    Good luck and have fun.
    Peace and love

4. No Mike, it's called LST.

KYGrow, you did the right thing. LST, or low stress training, involves tying the branches of the plant out so light can penetrate to more of the plant, create more budsites, increase yield, take fullest advantage of artificial light, and keep the plant low.

5. my bad. i thought it was super-cropping. kinda the same thing but thats alright.:)

6. yes, in my experience low stress training will increase yield and light penetration.
    super-cropping is where you bend a stalk over and (almost) break it, so it stays at a 90 degree angle even after you let it go. this promotes thicker stems once the plant has recovered.
    you should not supercrop after your plant is in its flowering stage, but you can LST at anytime of the plants life.

7. i guess my concern is that since they (the little buds all along the branch) are growing up towards the light the energy is going into pushing the flower up instead of growing the flower, hence my question am I just growing stems.

8. no, major stretching is normal at the beginning of flowering.