Question about hydro nutes and Ppm?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jimoffy1, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Hey guys just today I bought an Australian brand of hydro nutes to use in my coco grow. I’m already week 4 flower and am changing from organic nutrients to hydro nutes. The organic nute I have is way too high in nitrogen

Anyway, bought a 2 part nute with a bloom booster and another additive with calcium and whatever else. Anyway, on the instructions it says to mix additives first (bloom booster and calcium nute) then add the A and B nutrient until desired ppm is reached. So I add half dose today of the booster and calcium additive, at 10ml per 10L instead of 20ml per 10l for each additive, and that alone brings my ppm up to 1000..... ( tap water is 245ppm) so then all I can add is 5ml each of the part a and b, or I go over 1700ppm.. way to high. And if I used the dose of 50ml per litre of a and b, I go over 3500ppm. So is it normal for me to add the dose of additives first to 1000ppm, then just add whatever little of the actual nutrient I need (only 5ml each) to feed?

And also on the bottle it also says to use 50ml each of a and b, with 10l of water ( I don’t think it means that much WITH the additives, but alone the 50ml each full dose pushes me to 3300ppm... so what do I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It states on the instructions to get ppm to 1500 max ..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Always start out at 1/8 strength and gradually increase it. Your ppm should never be that high until you've gotten an established routine. 800-1200 is the sweet spot. Also never go by the instructions on the bottles they always say to use way more than needed.