Question about home depot + drug testing

Discussion in 'General' started by Motoxridah, Mar 31, 2008.

1. is this in the US? cuz now im god damn paranoid and i have an interview tomorrow (i live in Canada)

2. Yes this was in the us good luck

3. Guys!

Applied at my local Home Depot and im making progress already got the managers extensions and talked to her,, I havent dabbed in weeks but been smoking my flower a few times everyday.

I see people getting swab tested on the spot. Damn.

Guess im going to have to quit smoking for a good couple months while i grow/sell my legal medical cannabis.

Any advice? Should i just try to find a job without testing? Damnit

Also BUMP

4. DRUG TEST: Mouth Swab

I went for an interview in December of 2016. I was emailed a confirmation number and told to call a 1-800 number to do an over the phone interview which is automated. The questions are simple, easy and swift. Once you answer the questions the automated service will instruct you on a time and date for your in person interview.

You have to print out the email they send to you so they can verify that you have an interview with them at the stated date. They want you to dress business casual. On the day of your interview, you will have to show the printed email to the person at the customer service desk and they will tell you to go to the offices in the back. They will tell you how to get there. Once you arrive at the office, you introduce yourself to the manager and they will speak with you. They will give you a copy of your application to look over and allow you to correct any mistakes that may be present. You may have to wait 5-10 minutes. After the wait, a manager will take you to an office and conduct the interview. They go through a lengthy process of questions where you have to answer them questions. Questions such as: "Give me an example of how you dealt with a rude and hateful customer, how you helped them and how you felt once the situation was over." "Give me an example how you were put in a difficult situation where you were overwhelmed with customers and tasks and how you managed to get through it." So on and so fourth.

Once the interview is complete they will ask you to wait once again while they review over the answers and discuss it with higher management. Normally they will conduct two interviews. I managed to get hired after the first interview so that information I can't provide. Once the discussion is over between the managers, they will call you back into the office and inform you that they have hired you and ask if you are willing to submit to a drug test. You hold a stick between your teeth and cheek for 10 minutes. Once done, you initial your paperwork for the drug screen and they will give you a copy to keep. The drug test took 1 week to come back. They called me early in the morning around 9:00am and scheduled orientation with me and the rest is history! Good luck!

Tips: Dress nice! Even if they say business casual, take the time to iron your shirt and pants. Wear nice shoes. Style your hair nice. Wear a tie. Be polite. Be confident.

Facts: I asked about the drug test in polite conversation. I asked why they decided to go with mouth swabs instead of urine and the store manager answered me this:

Mouth swabs are cheaper. We can conduct the test in the store instead of sending our employee out to the doctor to have them perform it. The test results from a swab comes back quicker than a urine sample. Also, if you get injured or break something in the store that is valued over 200 dollars, will warrant a drug test which is also mouth swab.

5. If they do not hire you, you can always panhandle in front of thier store. That way you get the customer's money before they do!!