question about heat in small grow area?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by king dank, May 4, 2011.

1. so i have a pretty small room that i would like to convert to a veg room. its about 55inx55inx80in. i was thinkging of putting a 600w hood in there. but thinkg is i wont have a fan pulling air threw the hood. i will have the door to the room open during the daytime though. and a fan will be blowing air around and a few small fans inside the actual room. i feel like the fans would bring the heat down but im not sure. what do you guys think?

2. Fans only move air, they won't cool the room down. I'd say you need to vent the light outside.

3. i have no way of venting outside. the closet is in the basement so it stays pretty cool down there. also i know fans more air around but i learned that when put a fan facing under a food it brings the temps down usually 10 degrees. but idk if that would be enough since i dont have an inline fan pulling air.

4. Well, fans might cool your plants via evaporation but you're still gonna need to cool the 600w lamp and your plants need fresh air anyway. Is there not a vent to the outside you can use? I would've thought there was one somewhere.

Edit- I guess you could seal the closet and vent the light just into the basement but you're still going to need a fan for the light, they get hot!