Question about harvesting and curing

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ScoobySnacks420, Dec 16, 2009.

1. I know theres a forum on this topic, but It's a begginer question so I thought I'd post it here.

Anyway, I was thinkin on starting to grow and I was wondering is there an alternative way to dry the plant without cutting the whole thing and hanging it? Like, can you trim away some leaves and cut off the buds and dry them somehow? I don't really have the facilities to hang plants to dry... Cheers!

2. I'm curious as well, as the nugs on the top of my lady are quite done, but not the bottom.

3. well, you can pretty much dry them any way you want...

there's just one simple guideline: "the slower you dry, the better the smoke will be"

so leaving on most of the stem simply allows the buds to dry out more slowly...
    you can, for example, pick off all the bigger leaves, trim off the tips of the small ones sticking out of the buds. and snip the buds off the stem leaving on 1/2-1 inch of branch at the bottom, then just tie them onto a string and hang them anywhere dark, dry, and cool, with gentle ventilation (nothing blowing at them directly)...
    can be as simple as a shoebox with holes, hanging the buds from the lid... :D
    as soon as the smaller stems within the buds snap instead of bending they're ready for smoking... if you have a sturdy set of lungs :bongin:
    if however you're going for an altogether smoother experience it's highly recommendable to cure them in glass jars for at least two weeks, burping the jars every day the first week, resorting the buds every 3 days or so, opening 'em every second day in the second week, and from week 3 you can open like twice a week... just look at the stickied tutorials...

as for the second poster, you can snip off the tops and leave the lower ones on the plant for another week or so, just use something really sharp to make the cut, and keep the wounds as small as possible...

it's even possible to regenerate a plant after harvest as to get a second and third round out of it, depends on the strain whether the second time around is better, worse or even possible...
    you pick off all the big fanleaves and about 3/4 of the buds, leaving the plant with 1/3 of the foliage and about 20% of the small popcorn buds. then you take away from the rootball about as much, proportionally, as you did from the tops, repot them , put em under a veg light timing, and after about 2 weeks she should show new growth, if you did it right and got a compatible strain :D
    but if you did, the resulting, re-vegged plant will be bushy as hell with LOTS of new branches;)

4. thanks dude.

5. Thanks a lot man, that really helps! I appreciate the effort you put into that :p

6. lol you're welcome... not much effort though, just some stuff off the top of my head :smoke: