question about growbox?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LemonSourD, Jan 27, 2013.

1. are they absolutely needed i was planing on just tinfoiling the area that my autoflower was being growin in is that effective or is the grow box needed with out a doubt?

2. its better to paint your walls flat white then to use tinfoil. Tin foil has very bad reflectivity and creates hotspots that will burn your plant.

3. Yes tinfoil creates hotspots and could do more harm then good. You could get Panda Film that's white on one side And black on the other. There's Mylar, or like prev. Poster suggested paint the walls flat wHite. There Are products that are somewhat 95% reflective give or tAke. Best bet is to looking into Panda Film or Mylar. Both Relatively cheap and both high reflectivity. 90-95%+ range. But do not use tinfoil.

4. And it will help get lights to the leaves towards the bottom. With nothing reflecting it back up or into the plant, your

A) wasting light
    B) going to end up with small popcorn buds that take forever to finish.

I highly recommend it. Just my opinion

5. thank you for your advice

6. also there is no real need for a grow box just optional i was going to do in coner of a room with reflection

7. [quote name='"LemonSourD"']
    also there is no real need for a grow box just optional i was going to do in coner of a room with reflection[/quote]

Yea, reflection is the main thing. You want your light to be wasted as little as possible. Come check out my grow journal! Hope this helps bro

8. i will check it out and thanks for the advice just odered
    "Silver Mylar reflective film metallized plastic 27"x50'"

9. Yup should do the trick!

Maybe apply it to a board or piece of cardboard you can raise and lower.... Food for thought... It is nice to be able to raise and lower sometimes..