Question about glycerin coil bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by steamcleaner, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Hi! this is my first post / thread here so please take it easy if i do anything wrong.

alright, so i own a freezable detachable coil bong with an ashcatcher and whatnot, but the other day my friend grabbed it by the top and the bottom beaker fell and shattered. Besides being heartbroken, I am now concerned that i wont be able to find a replacement for it.

What im trying to ask is, is there a place i can buy a replacement bottom for this bong? it doesn't have to be a beaker bottom, but i would like it to attach to the freezable perk.

Thanks in advance.

2. hey man welcome to the city!

I know exactly what you're talking about, the important thing is the size of the glass on glass joint... they usually do a good job at standardizing the size, but you never know when a company wants to do it their own way. The last thing you want to do is buy a base just to have it not fit...

check out this link
    Blaze Glass - Mix and Match Percolator Bong Kit - Liquid Cooling - Bongs & Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

now i know that its not selling the base by itself (which i havent seen too commonly online, but i see it everywhere in local bong shops), but in the description it says: "The pieces fit together at the 45mm SG (sure ground) joint"... meaning that the glass on glass joint between the coil condenser and the base is 45 mm or 4.5 cm.

You need to measure the glass on glass joint on your bong so that you can start searching for a base that will fit. It might be tough to find but you will 100% be able to find one.

3. Kanadian, thanks alot for the feedback.
    I would also like to add that i did manage to save the top part of the beaker that attached to the coiled perk so measuring would not be an issue. Its not brand name (illadelph or roor), but i do believe the slot for the sure ground is standard.

also on a side note, would you think they would sell the same sort of bottom as a straight shooter instead of beakers? i feel that they are more durable and less prone to cracks and breaks. LASTLY (yes i know, lots a questions) do you think there would be a bottom for sale that is tall enough to hit without the top attachment or just another straight shooter attachment? the coil gets resin caught in it very easily and if i could have days without using the coil it would greatly ease the smoking experience.