Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about glass pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ottawa Kush, Aug 13, 2010.

1. I got my first piece today, its a small (around 3 inches ) glass pipe that costed 5$ at this headshop. They were closing so everything was on sale xD. Anyways it was my first time smoking from glass today ( always joints/BLUNTS D;) and almost everytime i hit the bowl lil pieces of green and ash would fall through the hole at the bottom of the bowl and go in my mouth ;(. (but i got baked :smoking:)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I heard about steel or brass pipe screens but i dont know how i can make it stay in my bowl?

Here are pics : you can see all the ash in it :(.

Attached Files:

2. Same problem can happen with my pipe. Just get a screen. :D

3. You can cut a small piece of screen and glue it in with resin. Or you can get a small glass screen called a starfish (what I always called them) that partialy plugs the hole and keeps the snacks from falling through.

4. dont grind everything up as fine and use one big nug to kind of plug the hole. the best alternative to these are glass filters or smalled washed pebbles. filters look like jacks or stars and are made of glass and just fill the hole at the bottom. pebbles do the same just make sure its clean.

5. Using a nug to plug the whole works but screens are easy to get and are cheap. Just get em.

6. don`t pull as hard at the end.

7. Screen is best. Once your pipe is all resined up the screen will stay in. And if it gets res'd enough the hole will close up stopping the dreaded scooby snacks.

8. Thanks for all the answers ,but don't those little glass filters plug the whole hole?

9. Smoke a big bowl and there will be enough resin in the bowl to stick the screen to.

10. yea use a nug to plug the hole, and take slow drags from the pipe, even slower towards the end when its about to be cashed, i personaly think a screen ruins the whole idea of smoking from glass, also short/thin glass bowls like urs tend to be the worst for getting shit in ur mouth, and they deliver hot smoke that tends to burn ur throat..

11. no they dont plug the whole hole. they just kinda make smaller wholes above it so that the broken weed is larger than the whole.
    these are usually for bowls in bongs though. usually holes in pipes are a lot smaller than bongs and these glass things arent ment for that

12. dont put the weed in a grinder just break it up a little bit with with your fingers first...:p

13. ;i had an almost identical pipe... well until about a week ago when I left my year old yellow lab in my room unattended, and came back to her lying down, about to start eating all the pieces of the pipe that she broke (shes too smart most of the time, the rest shes a fucking dumbass).

just break the weed up less, or throw a larger nug near the bottom.