Question about Germinating...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Atomic_Slash, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Okay so over the weekend I germinated my two Blue Widow seeds in a paper towel.
    As soon as the tap root appeared, I panted them in soil. That was about 3 days ago.
    After that I watered them with a bottle of poland spring. Anyway, the weather went cold for a few days (like 40 degrees). There is still no sign of the seeds breaking through the ground.
    Should I go into the soil and replant them into plastic cups instead of the 3 gallon pots they're in? or should I just wait?

2. just wait and see what happens. how far did you plant it? dont water it like crazy either.

3. I planted it a little bit less than an inch from the surface (about the tip of my finger). And I didn't over water (I think i did the opposite, and just added a little more because the soil was dry)
    and I guess I'll leave them be for now.
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

4. hey dude, i did the same exactly like you did and 3 days in the soil still no sign of them poping out...
    i'm only keeping the soil moist, maybe just a little wet and no result yet, the seeds are x4 lowryder and x1 disel ryder...

5. Germinate within 24h by using the moist paper towel method. Place inside a computer overnight (leave computer on) next day you will be ready to plant.

6. So both of my seeds have sprouted!
    One has the cotyledons (and the seed is stuck right beneath them it's kinda funny looking.)
    and the other one had just reached the surface.
    I would show pictures my friend has my camera right now.

7. I would like to see it, i'm still waiting for them to pop out the soil, all germenated but they dont come out the soil...:\ 3 days now and i did everything like the manuals here but still no results...
    i'm afrried i lost them by doing something wrong but i did everything just as said.

8. Patience....

9. What kind of soil did you plant in?
    I think i remember you posting on another thread that you planted them outside.
    Its easier to start them out in small plastic cups with saran wrap over them in a warm place.
    (I didn't do this, I put them in three gallon pots in my attic, and it got a little cold up there)
    but yea I wouldn't worry just yet, I've read that it takes up to a week for some strains to pop the surface.
    btw, how deep did you plant them?

10. I always look at the little seed and plant to a depth of 2 x the width of the seed and it works real well for me. It's never over a half an inch. If I'm using rockwool then I do the same. Most of the time the hole in the wool from the manufacture is wider and deeper than I like so I always use tweezers and make my own. The friction on the side of the seed husk is what helps to remove it from the little plant.

11. i also planted them in 3 galon pots like you did, and they are outside but its hot and moist here
    and they are protected from anything, my location is perfect and i just checked this morning and still nothing and the soil is a very good soil mix very similer to fox farm ocean forest, its lite and airy
    i planted them less then 1 inch under and coverd with some already wet soil, taped it with an easy touch just to cover them good, didnt push it down hard or anything.

12. Did you put more water on them since you planted them?
    I did that and the next day i had one sprout (the other one might be dead b/c i dropped it while putting the germinated seed into the pot)
    but maybe your location is too hot (which is possible.)
    I'd try bringing them inside for a few days until they go above the surface and then bring the pots back outside.

13. i keep the soil moist and just a little wet, i'm affried to use more water i dont want to make them drown in the soil even thogt its airy, the temps and humidty is just perfect everything should work just fine i dont get it...its day 4 now i think i'll try to dig slowly and safely in the soil to see whats going on...
    do you think its a good idie or just leave them ? i got a feeling they wont work :\ but they are damn good seeds from a well known breeder so i dont understand what whent wrong and i also used the germenation method and watched how they all get the root tip out and i didnt touch them hard i used my hands very soft and safely placed them inside the soil about 1-2 cm down, not with all of them i was able to put the root tip down, some fliped on the side and up but there all in the soil at the right place 1-2 cm down so i think that the ones with the root tip on the side should be fine finding there way down
    i just dont understand why i'm on the 4'th day and they didnt came up the surface yet.

14. Well I would wait, but if you really wanted to do something, just brush off a little of the soil from on top where you planted the seed. I did that and then the second one of my seedlings broke the surface. (do it gently though, so you don't break any new growth.)

15. i just checked them out and i saw the soil is abit to dry so i waterd the pots just abit enouth so it will be wet but not to dump, if the next 2 days i dont see them break trough i'm going to try the method you did hopefuly they will break trough befor i'll have to ;)
    i just want to know they are okay and that i didnt screw anything ...:(