question about genetics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HeavyHands, Nov 12, 2009.

1. im doing some research b4 i make my first seed order. i know nothing about breeding plants, i want to know if i want to cross 2 strains will they be 50/50 of each strain or will it vary from seed to seed? and if i want to make my own strain is it similar to making a new breed of dog and takes many generations to make a true strain and not a hybrid....thank you for any help

2. Well guess your dad wouldn't be happy if you weren't 50% his!? ... LOL

Clearly they will share the chromosomes 50% from each parent, that's the point! ( further lol's )

You are right about the many strains, there's loadsa stuff around about plant genetics take a look...

:smoking:

3. The offspring is 50/50 in the sense that exactly half of its genetic material came from the mother and half from the father. But not guaranteed that the offspring will be the perfect expression of the traits of each parent equally combined, in fact almost certainly it won't be -- some traits are dominant and others recessive, there are various phenotype possibilities, mutations, etc.

4. #5 HeavyHands, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
    hey dick you could share more traits of your dad than your mom thats what im talking about the traits not the chromosomes like smell color yield ect

5. thanks