Question about flushing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sourdiesel123, Apr 12, 2013.

1. I have been watering with distilled water and adding calmag and other nutes wondering if it be ok to water with tap water that has been set out would the ppm matter for the flush ph also should be around 6.5 right also im flushing 5 gallon smart pots and some 1 gals how much water should I put through them ive read people say 3 times amount of soil but that to me seems pretty excessive and wouldn't that kill or harm the plants?

2. all I use is tap water...mine ph's around 7 low ppm...set out for a day if no chloramine and you should be fine...and ya if you're using synthetic nutes run a shit ton of water over them

3. Tap water is fine if you leave it sit out for a day using an airator. If no airator let it sit for two days. This is then your own homemade distilled water. Tap water is usually ph of around 8 depending on the city. If your using a soil medium, ph of 6.5 to 7 should be fine. Its up to you and your plants how much you need to flush. Good luck man. Listen to your plants. They'll let you know.

4. should I use something like florakleen I had sledgehammer but read bad stuff about it. just not sure if florakleen would be safe and if it would affect nutrient uptake after flush