question about flowering cloning and sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by damien1993, Dec 20, 2012.

1. hey there i have bein growing a friesland plant for the past month now and i started flowering when it was 3 weeks old i wanted to know if i flower at 12/12 and a couple of days i have the light on for an hour or 2 or if its on for 24 hours because im not home will it affect the flowering stage?

also about cloning i took a couple clones off the plant there dooing great but if i took the clones while in veg will it affect the motherplant from budding or not ? i was told if it wasnt in flower stage when i cut them i wont be able to produce buds??? is that true?

oh and annother thing i wanted to sex the plant but i cant reallyu understand how lol i took manny pics of the plant maybe someone could help tell me if its female or male :) heres the pics...also please tell me if the cutting was too small too take lol first time grower here with 1 13 watt daylight cfl allong with 2x 23 watt warm white cfl will it be enuff ? i have the one plant and one clone using schultz 10-15-10 liquid plant food thinking about getting a neon lamp 32 watts 48 inch fluorescent ? good idea or not?
    tell me how my plant is doing :) and if theres anny thing i can do by spendin less money as possible pls tell me

Attached Files:

2. That looks like a female plant! You can see the pistols coming up from the stems, meaning she is indeed a girl :D

For your lighting issue I would recommend a timer for your lights! If you're not home they will still get the right amount of light.

butt messing with the photo period (or how long the lights are on) can certainly mess with flowering stage, but the lesser of two evils sounds like you should leave the light on for only an hour or two compared to the 24 hour cycle you suggested (if I read that question right).

For the type of lights you are using I am not familiar with so hopefully someone can chime in on that! I use HPS lights all throughout my grows and my ladies turn out great.

She looks healthy keep it up!

3. thanks and i wanted to use hps but i have a cop living behind my place and if he looked out his room window he would see the light lol and thanks i wasnt sureif it was pistils or just a part of the plant thats like that lol and i was told since i cloned my plant i wont be able to get anny buds out of it is that true?

4. hope i can syill budd it since it is a strain that is pretty hard to get lol i cant find it online its called pink friesland
    also called freeze on the streets lol its mostly found here in quebec in canada

5. I was a little anxious about the HPS light also, but one of my friends has like 5 bearded dragons that require a light that is much much brighter and kinda makes one of his rooms look like a grow op. He doesn't even try to hide the light, and he hasn't had any problems. So I wouldn't be too worried about the cop behind your house xD

I personally have never heard of clones from a female plant not being able to bud. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Pink friesland sounds awesome hehe. I have never heard of freeze or that strain, but I have heard quebec has some awesome weed though :p

Keep her healthy and keep up the good work!

6. haha quebec is the california of canada when it come to weed lol we got strains no one ever had before lol and i was talking about the mother plant i was told she wont bud

7. Well mother plants CAN produce bud, but the idea of a mother plant is to perpetually keep her in vegetative so you can keep cloning off her. If you change up her photo cycle she will certainly bud!

I'm thinking about studying abroad in British Columbia soon, how is it up there??

8. rightnow here in quebec its full of snow lol i live at 5 minutes away from ottawa lol and well the weed here is just awesome what i like about friesland weed its that its extremelly resistant to mold and cold weathers :D