Question about feeding...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OCDgrow, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Ok I wanted to double check on this, I tend to feed them every other watering usually seems to be about 5-6 days before things seem dry.

They are in 5g pots, and when i do feed i pour 2 gallons of water through(ph corrected) and then the last gallon i add the nutrients to it, ph correct it, and pour that through.

Am i feeding properly or should I be adding nutrients to all the water?

2. most people would ad nutes to the water and then feed it. your rinsing the soil first and then feeding. in my opinion this is far better for the plants if you dont mind the extra work
    everything else sounds spot on

3. Soil, soilless or coco?

5 days between watering is a long time, raise temp if possible.
    Add nutes to all water, that is how you determine a ppm measurement.
    Only water by itself if doing a salts flush after a few weeeks.
    Always allow for some run off.

4. Soil, roots organic. The temps 70 usually....right now its 72. The humidity is normally 28%. today its reading 51%, im guessing because its also very humid outside and has been raining.

I did place a cup of water inside to try to raise it from the 28% but it didnt do much. atm I have a fan blowing air in my box from the room because im waiting for my 6" clip fan to get shipped to me so i can keep it closed.

I also thought that was a little bit between waterings, think im waiting too long? Ill have to start adding nutrients to the other 2 gallons as well.

5. if that's how long it takes for the soil to dry out then that's how long it takes. don't water if it doesn't NEED it otherwise you will just suffocate the roots. 5 days is not abnormally long. 2 days and your pots are probably a bit too small, 5 days and your pot is probably a bit too big. 3-4 being about right but don't water just because it's been a few more days than you expect

6. Your so right!

when i transplanted from a solo cup i went to like.... a .79 gallon pot. I thought it was bigger when i bought it. Sooo after about a week in there i moved them to a 5 gallon pot. It probably wont take as long this time because they grew a lot in the past week