Question About Electrical Safety

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by one_eye, Sep 18, 2014.

1. So for my new set up I plan on running approximately 3200 watts total. I've read not to exceed 80% of the circuit capability.

What my question is having no knowledge on circuit breakers and what not is, is each outlet connected to a different circuit? Like having each 1000watt light connected to a different outlet, or would 3200watts completely overload the entire breaker? BTW I'm going off the average home 15-20 amp breaker limit.

2. There are usually multiple outlets per circuit. I would t run more than 1 light and ballast on a 15 amp circuit. I'm not an expert but based on my reading that's what I've come up with.

3. So basically use HD cables drawing electricity from other parts of the house? I know a house is separated for each circuit.

4. Your circuits should labeled

5. OK so if I'm understanding this correctly, each part of the house has its own 15 amp limit. So theoretically using HD extension cables to bring the proper power in the room...I should be fine?

Read the lable on the extension cable. DO NOT USE AS PERMANENTE WIRING. They can catch fire and burn your house down. Then guess who shows up and launches a investigation of the fire..... Moral of the story. Learn how to properly run a 220v line as this is one of the most important safety concerns of indoor growing.... Youtube, ask people online through forums, etc. TRUST ME. This is not a topic to take lightly when your running that much power. Your personal safety could be at risk. I run a 10-3 line with a 220 outlet to each of my ballast and they run much better. The wire is cold as can be. If you feel heat from your extention cords or outlets your running too much....

7. No doubt. Exactly why I'm making sure I am familiar with everything before everything is well put together. Safety is my #1 concern before anything else and I want to make sure with math and making sure all the wiring is proper before and thing gets turned on.

8. I've been reading up on installing new breakers using 10guage wire for 240v. All seems pretty simple with a little common sense on electrical safety. Most likely just gonna do that and run the lines straight in.

Good Idea, if you know anyone whos a handy man or electrician I'd ask them how to do it as thats how I did it. I had a buddy of mine come over and help run a 220 line in my basement so I could see how it was done. Told him it was for a new electric dryer I was getting. Dryer never was ordered (never had any plans to) but 50$ worth of materials and now I know how to run some electrical wires.