Question about electrical panel

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Marijuanito, Feb 9, 2011.

  1. I had a question I was hoping someone may be able to answer for me. I have a small electrical panel with a 100 amp main breaker. The panel is filled up and i would need 2 maybe 3 more 15 or 20 amp circuits for my grow room build. My question is would i need to have an electrician come in and install a bigger panel and main breaker or would i be able to have some kind of sub panel installed. If I were able to use a sub panel would i still need to up the amps of the main breaker in the original panel. I'm no electrician so i would have a professional come do the work, not worried about security as i'm now a legal patient in Michigan.
  2. Honestly, you're going to need an electrician to look at it. Sub panel is possible as long as your service is not maxed out, if it is, your looking at a panel upgrade.

Share This Page