Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about edible dosage?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by George1012, Jun 18, 2016.

1. I bought a $15 brownie today which I'm saving for tomorrow. My dealer said he smokes anywhere from half to an eighth a day and he recommends only eating a third to a half. Me on the other hand I am high as a kite after just 2-3 pipe puffs and I only smoke a few times a week. I go through a dub in two or three weeks usually. I was going to eat the whole thing but he told me to exercise some caution. I've heard of people taking just one bite and they're in the clouds.

2. I've tried several of the edibles before and the effect from all of them were the same and it wasn't like the high you get from smoking weed. It's more of a body relaxation kind of feeling...at least for me. The stuff I had came straight out of the legal shops in Colorado and to tell you the truth, I was kind of disappointed. But I am a regular smoker, of course, smoking too much of the stuff because we grow but just know that it takes a lot longer to feel anything from an edible because the body has to break it down and get it into the blood stream via the stomach and digestion. My suggestion would be to maybe start with 1/4 of it and give it 45 mins to an hour. If you don't feel as much as you would like, have some more. It does stay with you longer when ingested, but because it takes it longer to show it's effect, you most definitely could be cautious. We are all different and I seem to have the tolerance of a horse. LOL It's better to under-do it and have some more than overdo it and regret it for hours. Hope you enjoy. TWW

3. I'm in a simpler situation, although I have done 2 brownies both on separate occasions, the first hit me hard as hell, the second one I realized what was going to happen and mentally prepared myself for it, although now I'm getting new edibles from my local dispensary and it is put into Mgs so I am a bit confused, just a break down, I've been smoking daily for a few years (2) daily and the first year it was just a few times a week, I've been smoking dank medical from my dealer for over a year now and I'm wondering how much to eat of 150mg they're coming in 2 days, and it's broken down in 10mgs pieces.

4. OP, I would take the advice of your seller. Maybe start with 1/4 brownie and then eat more if desired.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Edibles effect people differently due to a number of factors. I smoke as much as I want every day and 75mg to 100mg of edibles gets me flat baked. Some people like widow do not get much from them at all no matter what mg they take.

Always start slow with edibles until you find out how they effect you. Over dosing on edibles is an extremely unpleasant experience.

I would do maybe 1/4, wait 30 minutes, smoke a bowl and do another 1/4 and wait a few and so on. With dispensary edibles I personally start with about 20mg to 40mg and after somewhere around 60mg to 100mg and a couple of bowls I'm just right.

6. I ate half an edible to start. I'm sure glad I only started with half. A year ago I was smoking a lot more so I had a much higher tolerance. That was when I could handle two enormous edibles, and I was smoking 5 bowls a day or more. I thought of eating the whole thing this time but I figured smoke tolerance probably translates into edible tolerance so I started with half and got super baked. If I would've eaten the whole thing I probably would've been screwed for the whole day. Anyway I ate the second half 4-5 hours after eating the first, as the first bit began dying down, that gave the second half time to kick in and not be too strong. Reminds me of all the times I did nutmeg to get high, slow building high that lasts for many hours. I think weed is way stronger then nutmeg though. 4-5 tablespoons holiday spice to get stoned vs half a brownie, or a few hits. I don't do nutmeg anymore and haven't in awhile but a few months ago I was doing it once or twice a week. I'd rather just eat weed for an all day high at least its safe. It was a weird day. I'm used to being stoned for only a few hours and I was baked ALL day. Finished the day with a small bowl after the edible had mostly died down. Sorry for rambling...

7. I've been way too high before. As fun as it sounds its actually not a very fun experience when its happening. My brother once ate three edible brownies and he was out of it and screwed for 2 days and he didn't like it.