Question about dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Kameelyon1314, Oct 31, 2013.

1. I plan on using 5 gallon pails and pumping water in and letting it drain out into a reservoir. My question is if I drill my drain holes a couple inches or more above the bottom of my buckets and add a couple air stones inside to keep oxygen and possibly splash on short roots, kind of like airponics and dwc. Would I have a problem with root rot or any other issues anyone can think of? Or would I be better off just draining entirely and just running air stones when pails are full?? Thanks all

2. Root rot only comes about from either res temp being too high, or not enough oxygen in the water. Not sure why you'd do all the extra work. Why not just set up a dwc and keep your res cool? Either with a res chiller or 2 liter bottles frozen and put in daily. Thats wht I do for now until I get a chiller.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. What medium will you be using? If your not using any like in DWC you will probably better off keeping them as DWC. Are you planning on a constant flow of nutrient solution like top feed? Or a on off cycle like flood & drain?