Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question about doctors appointment...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Arrrggghhh, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Hello! I came across the norml list and found the doctor closest to me. I called them and the conversation went like this.

Them: Doctor
    Me: Is this the doctor that is able to help patients with medical marijuana (or something like that)
    them: yes
    me: I have a bad case of anxiety which I take a number of medications for, would I be eligible?
    them: yes
    me: what do I need?
    them: you need to come and bring an id and a medical record
    me: i'm not sure if I can find a medical record, but I can bring in my medications with my name and the date on them.
    them: that would be fine

and then i set an appointment for tomorrow. Anyways, I don't have much money, and am worried about going out and paying a bunch for an evaluation only to be denied. Should I be worried, and does this sound like it will be OK? Thanks for your time.

2. Don't hassle it, hon! The pill bottle is enough to establish that you really do have a problem. Enjoy that first legal joint! :smoking: Nothing like it! Paranoia is such a bring-down....but we never realize it, until it's gone! :hello:

Granny :wave:

3. Personally, I wouldn't have asked such a question over the phone, but at least the doctor didn't seem to mind. If the doc says those prescription bottles are fine, I don't know why they would take back their word a day later.

4. we'll it worked! i was only given a three month temporary one, but I believe she said that i should get approved for a year in about a month? is this common?

5. Do you have to pay more? how much did you pay already? Smells fishy to me.

6. It's not fishy at all, it's the doctor's way of covering their own ass. This happened to my cousin who just turned 18 as well. The doctor gave him a limited recommendation for only a few months and was told to come back and if the doctor decided he could continue the remaining 6 months (out of the standard year) would be recommended gratis.

7. When I left they gave me a paper with a couple of dispensaries on it and told me to call them. I am allowed to go to any one right, not just the ones the recommend?

8. yeah you can go to any dispensary you like. ...but, that's really odd that they would recommend to you, they are not supposed to do that...

9. Yeah, I don't think they're legally supposed to tell you where you can find your MMJ meds... but hey, can't complain about something like that.

10. that is odd to hear they only gave u a 3 month one. i always wondered why there was a 3 month/6month and 12 month options when they have always just given me the 12 months.

11. Again, it's not odd at all, the Doctor is covering his ass by making sure that the patient is truly in need rather than just seeking meds.

Also, the law in California STRICTLY prohibits the recommending doctor from having ANY ties to any actual dispensaries or clubs. They can recommend the marijuana but they cannot have anything to do with the distribution of the medicine. If they are recommending specific clubs please contact NORML, ASA or GLACA ASAP and let them know.