Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about dispensaries

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TwiztidStoner94, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would like to start by saying I don't believe that this breaks any rules and if it does please delete it. I don't live in a state with medical but I heard that a lot of dispensaries don't actually check for cards. Like I said I don't live in medical state and am not going to anytime soon but my question is how common is it for them to just let anybody buy.

2. BS! In California, they check cards every time.

No card, no pot! :(

Granny :wave:

3. Off topic, but can you even walk inside to look around if you don't have your card?

This doesn't apply to me at all, I'm just curious.

4. They check and verify every patients script when they come in.If your scripts in valid or out of date they'll make ya leave.

5. In Colorado they check your card and Id every time. You can enter the building, but not the room with the medicine in it without being verified.

6. In Colorado the dispensaries are very heavily regulated. Everyone that enters a dispensary has to present their MMJ registry card or "red card" at some point before they are allowed to enter the area with their mmj products. Usually there is some type of lobby or entryway where you have to present your card and driver's license to a receptionist before they will allow you into the dispensary. Sometimes they will have a larger lobby area with seating for waiting patients and their families to sit, but only the patients that have been checked at the door can enter into the rooms with bud and other products. I've also seen some that don't want anyone without a card to even enter the front door and enter the lobby. You'll won't find one that is letting people without cards in and selling them weed. If they are then they are illegal and will be shut down soon because there are cameras everywhere inside Colorado dispensaries and the footage is sent to the MMED.

7. in cali your first time you need your rec but after that at most places you just need your ID, although at some places if they "know you" theyll just let you in sometimes. and MOST places will only let you in the waiting room if you dont have a card, only once have i witnessed someone without a card being let into the bud room and it was because she was with me and my friends who all had our cards and had registered there so they just figured she had one too and let us all in lol.

8. I have a Ca Rec and AZ Card. AZ has not opened any Disp yet so I can only say about Ca.

What I have seen in Ca is that some shops are more flexible on the State ID than others by letting you use your Temp ID receipt but you may go to the next one and they require you have your state ID in hand.

But they all want to see the Rec.

To Bunny: All of the shops I have seen in Ca and the compassion clubs in AZ have a desk or counter out front where you do the paper work before going back the sales area. So from what I have seen you can not see the meds without have a card and being registered at that shop. I even went to a shop with a buddy who had a Rec, he did not want to fill out the paper work to go in so he had to wait in the lobby.

9. yeah, actually we don't allow threads on fraudulently gaming the MMJ system

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.