Question about curing faster!!! Think I got a good idea.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by 60dayWonder, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Okay sorry if I'm stupid for asking but I just thought of something could you put raw dry rice In jar with bud the rice will take in moisture correct???

2. The key to curing is time, if you attempt to hasten the process you are going to end up with less than ideal final product. Be patient, as long as you have other stuff to blaze, and enjoy how beautifully your stuff smokes after a good cure.

3. Yeah you cannot ever cure "Faster" the curing process is simply having the starches in the plant breaking down and converting to sugars(Basic explination) What you are refering to is simply drying before the curing process begins. I would not see that as a bad idea to try with a small amout of freshly cut flower. I mean rice does abosorb moisture. After you dry it out enoug to where you can break the stem cleanly, then start your long process of curing. Hope this helps.

4. drying =/= curing

cure takes a few weeks if not months

5. Depending on how much bud your curing, you can smoke little bits here and there to see how the curing effects it over time. I did that and I could definitely tell a difference from smoking it the day it was jarred and 2 weeks later.

Its worth the wait man :smoke:

6. Too fresh is brutal. I've heard it's because the chlorophyll not being broken down enough. regardless it's a harsh black smoke that'll test your lungs.

3rd grow-bc big bud

7. black smoke is not good...something is wrong if even fast dried pot gives you black smoke...I'd doubt it was even POT...:eek:
    you sure you didn't pluck some plastic leaves off a fake plant and toked those by mistake?:p

8. [quote name='"cball"']

black smoke is not good...something is wrong if even fast dried pot gives you black smoke...I'd doubt it was even POT...:eek:
    you sure you didn't pluck some plastic leaves off a fake plant and toked those by mistake?:p[/quote]

What I meant is dark grey smoke and black ash. After smoking it feels like the black lung. I thought my exaggeration was apparent enough not to be taken literally. Ps I want the time back that it took to reply to your ridiculousness.

3rd grow-bc big bud