Question about culling the males

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by magix, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Hi y'all,
    Enjoying my first grow, but I have some boys that have got to go. I am growing from seed in a bubbler/DWC setup, and I'm not sure whether I have to remove all of the males' roots when I cut the males down. Will they decay and affect my remaining crop if I leave them? Or is it better to not attempt to untangle the roots from my girls' roots and just leave them be?

Thanks in advance

2. Just chop them at the soil level.

3. Hoot,
    Thanks man, but they're not in soil...they're in water (Deep Water Culture) so the roots float around and get entangled with those of other plants that are close by. Grows like a son of a bitch though.

4. Oh shit, sorry I read that then completely forgot about it. But I still would just chop it, trying to untangle the male roots might fuck up the female roots. I dont know for sure though Ive never grown hydroponically, I only responded because I forgot you said you had a bubbler set up.

5. hey magix, you don't want roots from a culled plant in your rez. get what you can w/o causing too much damage to the other root systems. as you change out your rez and clean it, take out what you can when you see it. always good to use bennies. they can keep things clean. always a good idea to use clones in bubblers and scrogs.

6. Thanks Growbot....wxcuse my ignorance, but what are "bennies"?:confused:

7. Can anyone else shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

8. they're beneficials. i use earth ambrosia, earth nectar. these add microorganisms to your media. they kind of clean things up and allow more nutes to be available to your root system. highly recommend!