question about crystal use and the bible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by thorarkin, Jul 30, 2013.

1. I find it difficult for a bunch of people to create an imaginary person that changed the world. The first books, the gospels, were written in the 60s. They are based upon a man living from -7 to 34 AD.That seems like too few generations to create someone. I'm not saying the gospels are historically accurate, I don't think they need to be either. I'm sure they created myths, and boosted his name when they wrote it down. 

Imagine if someone, today, was publicly beaten, and then murdered for spreading love. People would talk. 

2. agreed. ive recently stated following hindu teachings because jesus recorded words are so similar. i wonder if hinduism had an effect on jesus

if jesus is a conspiracy it would be pretty easy to make up actually. take elements of previous beliefs because theyve been proven to be believable and add teachings that would be popular. to pull it off youd need to actually have the story enacted. everything before the Resurrection would be a matter of sticking to the story. the resurrection is easy to fake with poisons(blowfish poison is very possible). alot of it happened in a small city, so not alot of witnesses combined with poor communication abilities allows embelishment and fact checking is low due to few witnesses. and all but one apostle was killed for "thier beliefs", which for all we know could have been silencing the truth sayers. why was pual not killed? he went on to write alot about this new religion in prison. he easily couldve been living in luxury and go to prison when he gets visited.

so with a few roman agents it could be pulled off. two reasons i know why to do this is to pacify the jews(turn the other cheek) and make money from the tithes by use of false roman priests leading churches

3. Can you create a hero today for our kids to believe. It would be difficult to create a legend that are kids would believe existed. 

4. #44 thorarkin, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    santa clause. easter bunny, tooth fairy. unless youre talking about starting a whole new one.

but it would be harder, albeit not impossible, these days because we dont have the communication barrier like they did 2000 years ago

Santa Claus?

Current whereabouts: deep underground at the North Pole. Married to Mrs. Claus. Has 9 reindeer if you count Rudolph.

6. Santa Claus was based on Saint Nicolas, so he wasn't entirely made up. 

7. perfect example of how something can get exaggerated  over time. think about what happens in thousands of years where alot of documents get destroyed. our decendents will pobable think we worship santa clause. i dont know if this happened, but its a possibility.

8. Jesus existed though. Whether he was god, or not, is a different argument. Tacitus was the first roman historian, and he was a senator. He was a nobleman and certainly had knowledge of the empire. He wrote about his man Jesus, who had "moved the masses".

Rome was going through major political changes around 0 BC. Julius Caesar took control of the roman republic with military force. He was assassinated in 33 BC. The Republic became the Empire once Augustus Caesar rose to power and formed a lineage of heirs. This was a huge political change one generation before Jesus. Augustus spread the empire and conquered Israel around 14 BC. The man Jesus was likely a teenager when the roman empire conquered his homeland. 

Rome brought change with it. Higher taxes, and government. Jesus was in his 30s when he preached. He preached for four years then the Romans had him executed. 

Tacitus was born in 56 AD. I don't believe a nobleman would write about a fictitious person while covering the time period. I think there is little doubt that the man Jesus existed. 

The other accounts of Jesus are the gospels, but these aren't historical accounts of him, and that's not their intent. The gospels are about what he preached. He preached about love, forgiveness, and peace. His parables are amazing. Some of them he may have borrowed from hinduism or other local folk tales and stuff, or other prophet from around his time period. His words were uniting people and creating a stir in the people. The government felt he could become a threat to stability in the region so they had tortured and murdered him. 

He was beaten and murdered for what he had to say. He stood by his word through all the torture. I think that's why we still hear and talk about him. 

9. ya, there was most likely somebody less extraordinary that is the real jesus behind the story. i imagine it would be near impossible to create something like a religion out of thin air based on somebody nonexistant. and just because a historian writes about him doesnt provide proof, however i believe that is good evidence.tacitus could be in on the conspiracy or he was writing about from here say and it was supposed to be a local legend(ive never heard of tacitus so sorry if my arguments are invalid for any reason),   but its up to ourselves to decide what to believe about jesus. it just gets annoying how they only follow the words of a man, with the rest of the book how to love jesus in someone elses words. just read more than one source about him.  :smoke: