Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about crossed strains

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Capnfalconpunch, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Let's say you have bud that's blueberry x northern lights. How much of the northern lights effects would you feel from smoking it? I've tried a northern lights cross that I enjoyed but if the pure strain is that much different I want to give that a grow

2. Either you get the effects of both simultaneously or the first part of the high is Northern Lights, then the second phase of the high feels like Blueberry or vice versa.  Since they are both made from afghani indicas though, most likely it will just have the effects of an extreme indica and feel especially potent. 

3. The cross I had was ak47 x NL. It felt like the ak was more dominant but some of the batches from the same strain grow had more of an indica feel than a sativa one

4. Depends on the phenotype of the cross.  Do you remember learning about Punnett Squares in Biology class?  The same concept applies to cannabis crosses.  You'll get some of each but if you cross them a dozen times you'll get 12 different results.  That's why seed companies spend so much time and money stabilizing the genetics of hybrid strains.