Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about cooking with edibles.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by FreeWorld03, Mar 24, 2013.

1. I'm very new at cooking with weed, and have just one concern. When I cook with weed, is it going to smell outside my condo? I'm 40+ years old, so I'm not worried about my Parents smelling it inside the condo. I am concerned about my neighbors smelling it out in the walkway though. Whether cooking in the oven or on the stove top, does the 'weed' smell travel outside? If so, is there anything I can do to mask it??

2. Really there isnt much you can do except seal off your condo from everything. Like make sure you tape up your door and get an insulating pad to go under it. Get some ozium from walgreens, it works amazing at getting rid of the smell, and definitely make it in the oven, its much more efficient and covert (220 degrees f, 45 minutes - 2 hours). All fans on, windows open, the basics. If you really are afraid of your neighbors finding out then dont risk it.

3. It doesn't smell that bad when cooking, and it certainly won't stink up your condo. The worst part for me (I cook with raw, wet and uncured bud) is chopping up the weed beforehand. A pot on the stove simmering with cannabutter has a bit of a smell but it really just stays in my kitchen mostly. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. I'll say this. I live in a condo. And when I cook I'm cooking like 23oz of stems and leafs to 4 pounds of butter in a crock pot. And my neighboors 420 friendly and they forsure smell it. People will smell it but doubt they can pin point where. There's no way really around it. You close your widows then its gonna make.your house smell for others.who walk in your door. You'll be used to.it. I cook with all mi Windows open.