Question about Compact Fluorescent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnsmith08, Jun 25, 2008.

1. What is the wattage Equivalents between the Compact Fluorescent and Incandescent?

2. The is the wrong section for this post. Please read the forum rules and section descriptions BEFORE posting.

Welcome to the City.

3. I have moved this thread to absolute beginners, look around before posting.

4. Ignore equivalents, just go by the actual wattage on the CFL. Equivalent is for our eyes, not for plant growth.

You're not going to use incandescent bulbs are you? :eek: Sorry if you already know, but they are useless for growing MJ.

Goo luck :wave:

5. just get the highest wattage availiable. 42watts are good get i would say as many bulbs as you have plants. use reflectors to consentrate the light on to the plant rather than your walls cieling etc. you can keep them as close as an inch away without burning them.

6. So if i were to go to the store and buy these bulbs they would be called Compact Flurescent lights?

7. incandescene use roughly 4 times more light than a cfls so a 26 watt cfls is equal too 100watt incan