Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about Colorado and Washington

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MRKUSH1986, Nov 7, 2012.

1. To be honest, atleast here in washington, the I 502 is totally fucked up. Its completely unclear and obviously it hasnt been thought through fully. From what i know, you dont have to be a resident, itll work just like alcohol. It will be extremley over priced tho, about 95 dollars per quarter ounce, the DUI laws are retarted, and overall its probably a step back for stoners.

2. [quote name='"weedlivesforme"']yeah, the DEA is gonna try to fuck shit up i bet, but you can only have up to 1 ounce and growing your own weed and buying/selling is still illegal,[/quote]

Not necessarily true, you CAN grow your own, you can only have up to 6 plants, only 3 can be matured at a time. This plus your ounce on your persons. And yes buying and selling your weed or weed another person grew is illegal. But you can gift up to an ounce of weed to someone else who is over 21. Which means you could hypothetically gift someone an ounce. And they could just owe you later for something ;) lol side note I am in no way condoning the growing and selling of your own bud.

3. You can't transport it over state lines and anything bought must be used in the state

4. I heard they're going to tax it 3x before it gets to the consumer

5. That hasn't stopped people from smuggling drugs anywhere before.

He's asking if more bud would be coming his way, since there is a new market that will have new suppliers and grows. I would say there's a possibility. But TX is far, so I wouldn't hold my hopes up.

6. I'll agree with that!

7. This! Oh my god, this!!! I know, I know, if my state was legal, I'd wanna smoke all over fucking town, but it's not gonna take very many people doing that shit to get the government to reverse the law and the movement will be set back. Please, please, please for the sake of the stoners in non-legal states, don't screw this up by being ignorant and flaunting your ability to smoke all over town! If it's gonna become leagalzed in other states ANY time soon, we NEED you guys to PLEASE keep it discreet for a while. As stated earlier, they only passed it because mmj was kept private. If it becomes an issue for the non-smoking public, they will use that as a reason to make it illegal again!

8. Also, question for the thread, do you guys think businesses will be allowed to open up to allow, but not cater to, mj? Like a bar, that only SERVES alcohol, but PERMITS smoking mj on the premises? Or will they need a special licence for that two? They shouldn't right? Because they aren't providing it, just allowing it? Thoughts?

9. Well you can't smoke in a bar period or else the bar pays major fines so I doubt people will be blazing in bars.

Also I don't think out of staters can purchase It but its just an assumption. Since its illegal in other states but legal in Washington I'm guessing you'll have to provide a Washington state ID (21*+).

10. there are places you can smoke marijuana inside, so if the bar got the same permit it could be possible id think

11. [quote name='"angsty"']there are places you can smoke marijuana inside, so if the bar got the same permit it could be possible id think[/quote]

Not in colorado lol, smoking indoors was banned in.... 99.99% of places.... if there are places, I haven't seen one since the ban

12. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Not in colorado lol, smoking indoors was banned in.... 99.99% of places.... if there are places, I haven't seen one since the ban[/quote]

Yeah that was my belief... I haven't seen a bar you can smoke inside.. Maybe a coffee shop can be established like Amsterdam but smoking in a alcohol establishment will still be banned.

Edit: live in Washington.

13. 1. You can keep everything that you harvest from your crop, but you won't be able to move your harvested bud to any other location besides where it was grown. I see an interesting loophole arising. You could maintain a small plant in a tent or box and keep as much weed in your house as you wanted, then the police ever searched your place and found a whole lot more bud than an oz, you could just say you've been saving your harvests and show them the plant.

2. We are going to have to wait and see how the state government interprets what constitutes "Openly and Publicly" in regards to smoking. Hopefully they will take into account that the intention of the amendment was to treat cannabis more like alcohol, and regulate it that way.

You would be surprised at what is already available in the dispensaries in Denver. I can't wait to see more of the brand name type products like cheeba chews. There is one place that has $5 grams of full melt bubble hash, thats much better than a bag of mids for $2.

14. I thought it was still illegal to grow even when it's legal?

15. [quote name='"BoulosGH"']To be honest, atleast here in washington, the I 502 is totally fucked up. Its completely unclear and obviously it hasnt been thought through fully. From what i know, you dont have to be a resident, itll work just like alcohol. It will be extremley over priced tho, about 95 dollars per quarter ounce, the DUI laws are retarted, and overall its probably a step back for stoners.[/quote]

12 a gram is what they're (liquor board) saying. dunno where you got 95 and quarter. But that's pretty wrong.

16. Not in Colorado hehehe

17. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Not in Colorado hehehe[/quote]

Seriously! I'm hella jealous... Washington states that its still illegal. Props to everyone in Colorado! XD

18. [quote name='"Fritter"']

Yeah that was my belief... I haven't seen a bar you can smoke inside.. Maybe a coffee shop can be established like Amsterdam but smoking in a alcohol establishment will still be banned.

Edit: live in Washington.[/quote]

They might be able to do something like that. In ca we ave coffee lunges for med patient

19. [quote name='"Fritter"']

Seriously! I'm hella jealous... Washington states that its still illegal. Props to everyone in Colorado! XD[/quote]

Not true, man. In Washington you can now have 6 plants, but only 3 can be matured.

20. Can you show me where you read that? All i can find is that only medicinal and regulated growers can grow.