question about cloning

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dirtbud, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Basically I have a mother plant in soil, and I want to put her clones in hydro. What is the easiest method to do this? Just stick the clones directly in rock wool?

The reason I ask is because I have seen people take the clones right after clipping and stick them in a bottle with the bottom stems soaking in water. Does this really work?

2. Yeah you can stick them straight into rock wool that has been pre soaked in ph adjusted water. (cant remember whats best for clones). Also remember the rooting hormone. The reason you stick them in water after cutting is to prevent air from getting up them stem because this causes problems with the rooting process later on. Hope this helps..:wave:

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...-quick-painless-cloning-100-success-rate.html

3. i run mine at between 5.8 and 6.0 the results so far have been good

4. I am also a newbie to cloning but have had prety good success. I just buy the Clonex solution for starting clones and mix as directed then soak the rock wool with that. I use the Clonex gel since it was recommended by a person who has been successful. I have been having about 95% success with no previous knowledge prior to this year. I just have one 25W 4 foot flourescent bulb in a 1.5 x1.5 x 4.5' box. I leave the light on 24 hrs. Once the roots show out the botton I go to Happy Frog in 12 oz cups and 16/8 in my larger box.

Hope this helps. My setup is very low tech and cheap.