Question about cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Boris Sputnik, May 9, 2017.

1. Hi everyone !
    I am trying cloning for the first time .Temp. and humidity is 80 deg. and 85%,I have a heating pad under my cloning tray . My question is ,how damp do I keep my Jiffy pellets and how often do I water them ? Do I have to wait till it dries a little ,or I keep them always very damp ? I water them with a seringe 2 times a day and after almost 3 weeks ,nothing comes out of the Jiffy .... The water is ph'd at 5.7 with about 100 ppm of FloraMicro and few drops of Rapid start . With the PPM already in the water it totals 240 PPM .
    Thank you for helping me !

Boris

2. You need to quit with the soaks and the nutes, it isn't doing anything but increasing chances of rot and wasting nutes as there are no roots for uptake....everything is going through the leaves to keep it alive.

Stick the cloning tray under a low wattage light like flourescents or cfl's and wait. Lose the heating pad unless its in a garage, greenhouse or outside... inside room temp should be enough. If your area is really dry and/or hot, then every 5-7 days mist the inside of the dome to keep even moisture to the leaves as the jiffy pellets will hold moisture for quite awhile especially in the cloning tray ....... you should have roots long before worrying about drying out in that temp and humidity. Just my 2 cents for what its worth ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's been my experience with clones that they grow better, or root faster, if you make sure to let them dry out to almost dead dry before watering them again. When we take clones, we use the Clonex gel and then solution. We don't use the peat pots because they can be hard to work with sometimes. The Rapid Rooter antibacterial cloning cubes are much better to work with and because they're antibacterial, cut down the chances of root rot, etc. But don't keep them saturated all the time. It works much the same as it does when you go about watering a plant. You never ever water a MJ plant growing in soil until you can lift the container and feel no weight. If you feel any weight, that is moisture in the soil and it's not time to water again. Handling your clones like that works better too. I know that keeping them saturated seems to slow down the process pretty heavily. Also, the part of the plant you cloned has a lot to do with the speed that roots pop out. Believe it or not, the weaker more pathetic looking shoots of the plants are the ones that will shoot out roots the fastest. I had one in this last batch that popped on day #5. When I was using the nice healthy tops, it would take sometimes 12-14 days for them to show roots. But the uglier the growth and the more weak looking clones I took, the faster they would show roots. LOL These plants are something else for sure. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks Mom !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keep the clones moist at least once a day with a sprayer and the humidity dome on. As mom said they don't have roots to feed through so they need to have moist leaves and humidity from the dome. You're doing good with the rapid start and ph but 6.0 is better IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks TWW ! I will try just that . I was scared of losing them if they lost any water in the Jiffys ... LOL !!!

7. No problem! Good luck!!!