Question about cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by margotti420, Nov 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I have a clone that has had the dome on of em for about 2 weeks. should I put it on a lighting schedule? as of i now I just hAve it sitting on top of my frig until it's roots but this is my first time cloning so I wouldn't know.

Attached Files:

2. looks good, should have some roots by now, give it another week then remove the dome and set an hour timer

if its not wilted after the hour check on it every 10-15 mins. if nothing happens your ready to put into veg, but if its wilts in veg at all wit moist soil mist it down and replace the dome and give it a couple more days, the shock from a quick wilt if you mist it after and perk it back up will almost always stimulate very rapid root development, just be careful not to over do it and kill the thing

• Like Like x 2
  3. Honestly, your best bet for taking clones is going to be with an aeroponic or deep water culture set-up.

Leave it under the lights 24/7, and it needs to be moist in there (hence why it's called a humidity dome) at all times. It's a huge pain in the ass having to spray the shit every few hours.

Seriously, do yourself a favor; buy a cloner(or build one) that's worth your while.

Did you use a cloning gel or powder? How do you know it has/hasn't rooted?

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you have Roots then you need to get it into a light schedule for growing

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

5. I prefer the deep water culture method myself

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

6. you dont have to mist every few hours, i mist one good time every other day.

My clone rooting rate is pretty much 100%, once in a blue moon i have one that fails and thats just because i forget about it.

It is also faster than a bubble cloner, or at least every time ive used a bubble cloner i had 100% sucess, but since you have to keep the res temp below 72 (above 72 and i could keep all the bubble going i wanted, the stems would still rot) it always took be over 2 weeks to get roots. I have rooted cuttings in about a week in soil going into full veg before the 2 week mark usually, of course this varies strain to strain though

By deep water culture cloning are you guys referring to a bubble cloner? or are you rooting directly into a nutrient solution?

OP, if your 2 weeks in with a cutting looking that lush and dark green, there is a good chance it's already rooted