Question about cloning in flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by flat_lander, Mar 3, 2017.

1. I had 7 pretty lil cuttings left over after I ran out of room in my clone room so I soaked the soil in a properly aerated Dixie cup and left them on the floor of the grow room for 3 weeks. No additional watering or care since I figured they would die off being 4.5 feet from the nearest cfl but to my surprise they rooted and lil buds are getting bigger. I built them a little shelf so they could actually be under the light. Anybody try this? Outcome from it? ( plant wise, not so much yield, they are just wittle clones so don't expect more than a joint from the lot of em but I'm wondering if they will grow. I swear the one grew an inch overnight after I watered it last night. Pretty much had 11 on 13 off half their life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. that's gonna be a massive bush trust me trim and train it....youll be impressed

3. biggest plants ever seen bushy bitches seriously your in for a treat

4. just plan for space lol they will branch everywhere....

5. I think its called super cropping or monster cropping sum shit like that

• Like Like x 1
  6. they are both from 9 weeks into flower

7. about a month old there

8. It's called monster cropping, and while it is a viable technique, it takes quite a while for them to revert back to vegetative growth. If time is not a factor, go for it.

9. Yeah it did take a month or so to grow that big. It was nice to experience

10. He's already got the worst part done imo

11. The worst part hasn't even begun. Those don't look to have even begun to revert to vegetative growth. They will likely take more than a month to grow to a decent enough size to start flowering again, probably more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. time will pass anyway.... getting them to root was the bitch at least for me but I was 9 weeks into flower when I took mine

13. I also used a home made clone machine to root mine so it wasn't fancy rooter

14. did it work....yep 10 $

15. No no. I'm not reverting them back to veg. I'm not taking them out of flower. I don't have room for them but with minor shuffling of branches under the main light I was able to find room for 7 solo cups. I understand monstercropping and it's nice when the plant cooperates properly and brings uniformity at a small size ( in my case since it's a closet grow technically ) [​IMG][​IMG] cut Jan.24th[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I grow mine then hack em down. Otherwise mine do crazy things like this [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. I tried with water first but takes a while then my next cloner was actually a chicken to go container.
    [​IMG] same price yep $10 ish. I think it was 6.99 for the roasted chicken and $4 for the peat pellets haha but ya know what? I had full roots at 8 days, like 3/4-1 inch sticking out all over the place. Next ones I seen a larger setup ( fits 36 pellets ) for $50 with the nice large top and came with a t5 light n reflector that sits on top. Noticeable roots after 4 days and full established by 7

• Like Like x 2
  17. Good shit man stoner ingenuity haha love it!

18. So my question is still unanswered if anyone has tried it ( basically 12/12 from clone but 11/13 from flowering clone )

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nope never tried that