Question about CFL Lights..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by marygoround, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Hey, I currently have (1) CFL light which puts out over 2k lumens and is 6500k for veg. I'm wondering, what do I need to buy too add more lights? Instead of buying a bunch of fixtures I want to buy just the little things that u screw the bulb into and then plug it in. I've seen pictures of people's grow setup's on here, and they all have them. I know about the splitter already. I'm thinking of adding 4 lights, so I would need two of those things to screw the bulb into and two splitters. Now what is the "thing I need to screw the bulb into" called? and where can I get them for cheaper then the 49.99 ones I manged to find on google? Thanks for the help![SIZE=+1px][/SIZE]

2. I thought you were talking about a socket until you mentioned the 49.99....and not a fixture?
    You are speaking of the socket adapter that the bulb plugs into which allows you to plug the bulb directly into a socket yes?
    Ballast? But CFL's dont need ballasts?

3. Well I need the thing that has the power cord and then the piece where I screw the bulb in and u flick the switch and the light goes on. It's basically just the wire, then the bulb socket? but it comes all ready to go.. just screw in a bulb or the splitter and your good to go? Do you know what I mena? If not, i'm sure I can find examples if I go threw the forums again. God this sucks, I have one of them in my house, I just don't know what they are called. It's like the piece that's left if you strip the fixture and reflecter etc.. The bulb holster type of thing with the 120 volt cord that u plug into a wall and screw in a bulb and your good to go?

4. I think I know what your talkin about.They have theose Y splitters that you screw into the same place a bulb would screw into, cept now you have a Y add on for two bulbs. I have three of you you are refering to, and I need 3 of those Y adapter to screw into those so i can get three more lights into my grow. I heard they sell em at wal-mart, any I dea how much they are, the Y adapter that is.

I got some Light fixtures with a metal cone reflectore for 5 bucks each at home depot, but with the reflector my bulbs were burning out so i dont use the reflector, they also come with a clamp to position the lights, and can move em around kinda like an elbow. I was wondering if they sell the Y adapters at Lowes as that is alot closer to me then walmart it. thanks guys.

5. Thanks, I heard y-splitters are sold at homedepot and walmart for $3-6 each.