Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about CBD

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ovakil, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Okay, so ive been hearing conflicting things about CBD.
    Some people say it has no psychoactive properties, but then others say it has a "Body Stoned" type of effect.

From my understanding they would just be feeling that from the THC content in the buds, but im not sure.

So yeah, just wondering if someone could confirm for me, whether there is a "High" when using CBD or not? Thanks

2. Yes, that's why people make vaped bud edibles because you can still get the cbd's that the vapor doesn't vape

3. THC is the thing that gets you high, CBD doesn't have psychoactive properties, infact it is ANTI-psychoactive.

The CBD gives you the stoney feeling because it is causing a sedating effect, this changes the high but you cannot get high from CBD alone.

THC is the main trigger for the high and CBD and CBD change it.

4. #4 Ronald U. Swanson, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
    Cannabidiol (CBD) is not particularly psychoactive in and of itself.

Look at it like this:

THC = ice cream
    CBDs = toppings

Your reasoning for eating the ice cream is to have a cold tasty treat.
    You cannot have your cold tasty treat if you only eat the toppings.
    You can have your cold tasty treat by only eating the ice cream (SCHWAG?).
    But you can have an exponentially greater cold tasty treat when you spice it up with some delicious toppings. (DANK?)

CBDs only alter your THC high. This is why potent strains (dank) offer a much greater high than mids/reg. The dank typically contains CBDs unlike lesser quality bud.

Also, CBD apparently plays a role in preventing the short-term memory loss associated with THC.

5. This is a good thread and something I've been wondering about ever since I started smoking hash, which doesn't contain cbds. I could really do without the cbds, to be honest.

6. Good analogy.

7. THC is more of a mind high.

CBD is the body high, being able to focus but still be completely relaxed.

Strains that are high in CBD (2%+) usually have a lower THC percentage (8-11%)

8. I don't know. I think its bullshit that high CBD strains of weed don't get you high. Weed gets you high. Unless you can isolate CBD and extract it from weed (which i don't think is possible because they are both of cannabanoids.)