Question about Canna Terra Pro Plus ☺

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 68rpt, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Hi folks, I recently picked up some CTP+ out of curiosity. The woman at the hydro store led me to understand this soil would have nutrients compatible to ffof. I am however finding lots of conflicting information with this claim. From what I have gathered online it seems to be more of a nute weak growing medium that will require nutrients after about a week after germ. What is the deal with this soil?

Also when required I have roots organic buddha grow/bloom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2. it lists peat and perlite as the ingredients so i don't think it will be enough to bring a plant to harvest, you will want to cut it with some quality compost. assuming its 50/50 peat and perlite id do 2 parts CTP to 1 part compost and add amendments such as kelp meal, neem meal, crab meal, gypsum, rock dust and a liming agent.

HTH

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've used it in the past. It does have a chemical nutrient charge but will require fertilizers to finish plants. It is not organic.

J

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks!

5. Picked up some ffof today to cut it with.

6. Maybe sometime think about mixing your own high quality soil mix. It's very easy and can be used over and over again. The quality of the components added to commercial potting soils is generally quite poor and of insuficcient quantity. This is why ALL commercial bagged potting soils require the addition of supplemental bottled nutrients whereas the soils we construct basically require tap water throughout the grow, zero checking of or adjusting of pH and all that crap. By making our own we control the quality and quantity of specific ingredients.

Not trying to change your methods. Just a thought.

Peace

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. I plan on doing that for my next indoor actually. Got any links to a one size fits all recipe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Scooby has you covered.

Once you run a true organic potting soil rich in quality soil amendments, compost and vermicompost you'll see why we enjoy this so much - there simply isn't even a vague comparison.

Plenty of willing gardeners here to help with any questions you might run into along the way.

J

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks folks. Looks like fun!

• Like Like x 1