Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question about blunts

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CaliforniaLion, May 3, 2008.

1. I recently started smoking with some people that smoke about 4-5 swisher sweet blunts in a night. I was wondering does anybody know how harsh smoking that many blunts will be to my lungs? Is it the same as smoking a little bit of tobacco with every hit?

2. i prefer to stay away from them because of the tobacco
    glass for the win!

3. I do it sometimes but i just dont especially like smoking more then 2 blunts in a row. Yes it is bad for your lungs and if you keep doing it youll have a resin cough like me. Glass is sometimes even harsher because the smoke is concentrated but wayyyyy better in the long run cause when you cough you get some of the resin out as opposed to it staying and hardening.

4. A blunt is not nearly as bad for you as they are saying if you roll it right...just roll it with no tobacco left in it, I know some people leave about 1/4 of the tobacco in there for a smoother burn, but if you know how to roll one you shouldn't have to. The only thing you should be left smoking is the tobacco leaf, not the cured and altered tobacco product inside. I would consider 4 or 5 blunts is = to the equivalent of maybe 1 cigareete(maybe less). Therefore if you smoked 5 blunts a day it is more like smoking 1 cigarette, which is not bad at all.

-C

5. you also have to add the tars and shit you get from the MJ too, and since MJ has more tars than cigs i would think it's about a pack

6. yeah we dont leave any tobacco in their so i guess it isnt horrible. and as far as the tars and what not from the weed i dont believe that there is anything bad in weed smoke so i guess its just a little bit of tobacco leaf i need to worry about :D

7. A blunt is definately equal to a pack of cigs, if its like 2 or 3 grams on average plus the tobacco paper(wrap+leaf)

8. You're right that smoking a blunt without the tobacco isn't nearly as bad as smoking it with the tobacco still inside, but the wrapper is still a thick tobacco leaf that has been treated in the same manner as the tobacco used to fill the cigar.

I've smoked plenty of blunts in my day, and I can tell you from experience that it's much better to smoke from a pipe. There's no need to inhale smoke produced from something other than MJ burning. Smoke itself is bad for you, so why be willing to inhale even more smoke when it's not necessary?

The only situation where a blunt seems to make more sense than smoking from a bowl or a pipe is when you're riding in a car with a group of people. If you're worried about your health, though, you need to minimize the amount of smoking you're inhaling regardless of what is producing it.

9. I have been smoking blunt's lately. Partly due to thats how I was first introduced to marijuana smoking and culture. Also when smoking with other people blunts are sometimes more prefered ( where I am ) then using a piece.

10. after smoking 2 or 3 good sized blunts in a night, i dont even care because after that i cant even feel my lungs anymore

11. Yeah but the next day you feel that shit!

12. i love blunts. but if your going to smoke them dont use a swisher, get a dutchmaster and do it right

13. word man haha

14. yeah, over the past two days my friends and i have smoked about 8-9 blunts, much much more than we usually do, and today i noticed i coughed up a lotta phlegm from my lungs, a little gross. i'm gonna stop smoking blunts so much, you save weed when you smoke from glass too.

15. quoted for truthiness. this is why I bought my vape. I almost always smoke out of glass, usually a bong (or a pipe if i'm on the road, at school, or work), I don't smoke joints very often, and even more rarely do I smoke blunts. However, I would like to learn to roll each of them, because as you said, they can be handy

16. I have a friend tha is always hacking shit up because he smokes blunts nonstop.

17. /thread.

he just explained everythin.

But yes, stay away from blunts if you are worried and cigs for that matter. I have this terrible cough now that effects my weed smoking because the cigs and blunts. Its actually pretty bad. I feel like my lungs are really weak now and i mean i smoke atleast 2 blunts a day by myself and i hit my roor. Weekends i will have at least 5 a day on a bad weekend. I don't have many of those though.