Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about being a patient, and being on some list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CaliUser, Aug 4, 2010.

1. im wondering if its just a myth, but does the FAA have any access to any list i maybe on for my medical marijuana usage? im not a pilot, in fact im afraid of flying, i do however work for a company that builds aircraft parts but i have no part of the process of building them. they are blanketed by the FAA and my boss tells me that being on some patient list could be grounds for termination.

2. i dont think there is a "list" but who knows. I know theres all kinda of hoops you have to jump through to access medical records. Just having a prescription can be grounds for termination. Hope thins helps sorry.

3. I'm not too sure about stuff like that, but my ex's stepdad was pretty much forced to take a few months off because he was on Oxycontin and Morphine for his back. He was in a steel mill though.

4. There's no list. Your patient status is protected by Federal HIPAA laws, the only people who know about your status are you, your doctor and anyone YOU choose to tell.

5. i know this is off topic, somewhat, but is it true that a employer can find you have a card/rec if youve gone to court about a citation and had it, of course, thrown out? this is one of my main concerns with getting my docs rec.

6. Technically, yes, if you end up having to go to court for a MMJ related arrest, even if it's tossed out it will become public record. HOWEVER, employers would have to do a serious background check on you to find out (and most don't bother)

7. No one has access to your medical records except your doctor and you!

Next, if they do fire you because of your illness that requires MMJ, that would be grounds for a lawsuit against them!

8. No you can be fired for mmj. In terms of background checks. Don't be surprised if anything FAA related is going to be in depth.