question about bagseed genetics.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wenahaone, Jan 1, 2009.

1. sorry if this is the wrong forum. didn't know where to put this topic.

here's an example of what I'm asking: say you get a bag of alaskan ice(GHS) with a few seeds in it. Alaskan Ice is white widow crossed with a pure haze. what are the plants going to look like when I grow them? half of them pure haze, half white widow? are some going to be the strains crossed to make white widow? This would come in handy if I ever got a named strain with a few seeds in it. I would know if the plants are gonna go through the ceiling, or mold up outdoors in november, or whatever.

so you get what I'm trying to ask, right?

....ya, i was just inspired by a bagseed grow.

2. Well ive read this twice and still no reply, here is my 2 cents, If you mean they are a hybrid then they will produce hybrid seeds. You shouldn't get half and half seeds.

3. First why are their seeds in your bagg! They hermied and those traits will pass on in different degree's to the next generation. I have grown many bagseed Purple Kush not one plant was ever the same,IMO it's not worth it BUY seeds from a known source. Then have fun and breed on. These r bagseed always hermie and u can see the 1 on the left has the Krinkle leaves, small yeild,crap taste but the 1 on right had better yeild and fruity flav. To many different pheno's.

Attached Files:

4. They may not be hermied, if it was schwaggy maybe the grower just pollinated them with some random male to boost harvest weight and then boost profit.

But no, since the cultivar you have is a hybrid (A cross between two unlike parents) you will be planting the F2 generation (or the generation of hopefully-self pollianted hybrids). What you will see is a mix of genes and a new generation that does not resemble what you smoked.

You would have to undergo a breeding regimen to accurately (almost) reproduce the cultivar you have. If you want to learn more about genetics go here
    and maybe look up Greg Green's The Cannabis Breeder's Bible. I know that there are several users on the forums who have .pdf copies of this book.

5. #5 cantharis, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2009
    Basically, bagseed doesn´t HAVE any reliable genetics. What it is, is anybody´s guess.

6. From several several Ozs of the same dank dank dank, I got 8 seeds total.

6 sprouted, all look about the same, and all already stank like hell when you smell em individually closeup, and they smell just like the product that I had...

I think my bagstuff is going to end up very nice, as 2wks in and they are already looking GREAT.

But the bagstuff I got this from has always always been TOP NOTCH. It comes around 2x a year from the same state/guy/source and it's always reliable and always the same stuff.

7. If it has seeds in, it isn´t top notch.

8. As far as anything you can get around here, in bulk, it was top notch as it gets.

Usually I would find 1-2 seeds per 3-4Ozs.

Either way, they've been saved for quite awhile, and I think they'll smoke just fine :)