Question about autoflowers and regular females

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lgarcia80, Sep 15, 2009.

1. This is my second grow, I'm doing it under a UFO led and a few CFLs. I'm about 6 weeks into the autoflower plant and just over a week on 1 female plant and one autoflower. My idea is to flip everything into 12/12 in roughly 2 weeks. i want to force the white berry to flower because I don't have much space. My question is will this do anything to harm my autos? They are both easy ryders. I figure it would only help the autos, as I've heard a lot about hermis. Also, I plan on doing it gradually, going from 20/4 to 18/6, etc. This might just be a pointless question, as the plants may be ok either way, but any ideas are greatly appreciated.

2. I have shocked plants into flower by giving 72hours of dark, then 12/12. I wouldnt be too worried about herms. If your strain is worth a shit they should be fine. Lowrider isn't as picky as others i've grown. In the future consider growing strains with similar requirements.

3. I agree. I was trying to change up the plants a bit but I thinnk you're right, probably was less hassle and more beneficial to just grow all autos or all regs.

4. autos are not photo-sensitive,going to 12/12 will not hurt it or stress it,it will slow down the growth,but doing it later in the cycle probly wont make much of a difference in the end.