Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about an odd effect Im getting from the bud

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by dr.cloud, Jul 3, 2015.

1. hi. New to the forum, but I came here because I was having a very peculiar issue, and I figured who better to ask? Anyways, I've been a daily smoker for around three years now, and all the sudden whenever I smoke, whether it be one baby hit or twenty, I've been getting these really uncomfortable head rushes and these split second moments when it's as if I'm catching my breath, sometime to the point when I gasp out loud. I've never had issues with the herb up until this moment I've since quit smoking, which is fine, and these little moments have stopped completely. I'm just curious as to what could be causing this out of nowhere, and it has me a bit paranoid that it could be part of a larger issue. But like I said, I've had no issues at all since quitting. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for any input

2. #2 LetsTakeDragon, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    Try taking a deep breath or two between each hit you take. Sometimes I find I'll just chain hits together without giving myself time to catch some air leaving me feeling a little nauseated and with a unpleasant head rush, especially if I'm in a hurry and need to be somewhere soon.

3. if you are smoking a very tiny amount and still getting this, you maybe have low blood sugar, sleep deprived, dehydrated?

4. Steady yourself, and your breathing homie. If you're having complications like these. I'd also highly suggest making a habit of toking up sitting down. I've seen some pretty touch and go close calls with people losing their balance, and had a few myself.

So much of our bud/hash/wax, what have you, is so over-the-top potent nowadays, fortunately, and at least to my eyes seems to vary much more so than when I started. I've had these types of effects before with certain strains, and I never really had any problem with said effects further than that when I made sure I was sitting, hydrated, comfortable, etc. I might even go as far as to suggest standing up and going for a little walk around the house, or step outside for fresh air between bowls. Remember, comfort level = better highs. Always. Hope things get better with this, and you get back to the enjoyment of the ganj.

jah!/*d$*[​IMG]