Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about accumulating kief

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by iMaven, Dec 30, 2008.

1. okay so... people don't use their hands usually for the reasoning that they can't get kief right?
    and they use kief cathcers with their grinders..

well i mean... they say they can't get it from using their hands because it sticks to your fingers..
    well i know i see some of thekief fall off whenever i rub my fingers togetehr to get the weedo ff ( i never use grinder) but i know the majority is still stuck to my finger.

sooo what i'm wondering is..
    is if you were so good with the motions of your fingers, that you could catch every piece of kief with the friction of the skin cells between your fingers... and therefore have all the kief fall onto your bowl.. .and never have to use a kief catcher.
    am i right?

2. If you are careful and use fingers and/or scissors you aren't going to lose much if any, and it will all be in the bowl.

Personally I get my kief from sifting trim and small buds from my harvests. Every ounce of trim gives me about 3-4 grams of quality kief that I can then press into hash.

3. Unfortunately the kief that falls off your fingers after you rub them together is 2nd rate by nature, owing to you having just crushed it between your fingers. The advantage of grinders w/kief catchers (or also sifters), is that the resin glands fall from the plant matter into the collection area, minimizing the percentage that burst and lose their flavor and scent. That and the fact that it would take a much longer time to collect enough kief by hand rubbing than it would to collect it in a kief-catching grinder (assuming you're just collecting it as you pack bowls or roll something nice, rather than rubbing down a plant).

My two cents!

4. your question, never asked a question lol....it makes no sense at all..

anyway, every time ive tried collecting it with my hands it gets wasted....thats why keif catchrs in grinders were made...

5. I dunno, your last paragraph makes me think you aren't trying to accumulate it like most do. Maybe you are making sure you are using all of your bud/kief and not being wasteful. In that context, I personally think you’re fine.

I’m anal retentive. I rarely handle my weed without a grinder with a kief collector. I collect my kief for a lot of different reasons. Sometimes I like to have a topper of kief on my packed bowls. I also like to save it and compress it to make hash (they make handy little widgets/products for that).

I am also one of those people that doesn’t want the natural oil on my hands to mix with my kief. Tainted kief isn’t may favorite kief. ;) ;) But not everyone is me and not everyone feels as passionately (or as anally) as me.

Regardless, it sounds like you’re enjoying your bud. :)