Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question About a Technique

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bman1, Jan 6, 2010.

1. So during a smoke sesh last week me and my friends had a real nice but short glass piece we were smoking out of. I just hit it normal (cover carb, inhale, release carb, hold, exhale) but that thing burned my throat like a bitch. Now i noticed my friends smoking it differently, but i felt weird asking cus there were a bunch of people i didn't know besides my friends and i was the rookie of the group. But basically it seemed like they would inhale a bit to fill the pipe, take it away from their mouth a little for a couple seconds, then inhale what was in there. I was stoned as fuck so i wasn't able to pay much attention, but i thought maybe they were letting it cool so it wouldn't burn as bad? But the piece seemed too small to really be able to contain a good hit inside of it. Anybody have any ideas about what/why they did it?

2. Odds are they were really just clearing the pipe of the last of their hit before passing it on to the next sesh member. If you want a cooler hit you could try holding the smoke in your mouth before actually inhaling it into your lungs, or a french inhale... etc.

3. They are probably inhaling a mouth full of smoke instead of pulling it straight to their lungs than pulling it away from their mouth and inhaling the mouth full.

4. Oh okay that makes sense, thanks

5. I know what your talking about. I do it too. Usually when im pulling on a pipe i take it away because it starts hurting my throat just take away for a second and then go back and finish the hit. Just depends on what piece your hitting. If its a small one thats usually when it hurts my throat since its so hot.