Question about a new bong I got

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Tokerflow, Jan 2, 2010.

1. I got a new glass bong today, and this is my first bong so idk if its normal or not, also im high so this is gonna sound weird trying to explain it

okay so you know the glass piece on a bong that you usually slide the downstem in so the downstem touches the water, well on the bowl theres a little handle thing and that hits the glass, so when i take a toke its not airtight there is a small gap.

is it normal or no and if not how do i fix it?

2. Slide the rubber grommet down. Or put one on. If you can't find one use a rubber band around the pullout.

3. No, the joint where the Downstem meets the bong should be pretty air tight, considering you have to slide the downstem out to clear it. But it sounds you should get it checked out, a picture would really help.

4. WHat? Theres a downstem which is usually secured to the bong itself pretty well by a rubber grommet. Then there is a glass slider/slide that also has a shorter glass "stem" protruding from it. The water does not need to go over the end of the slider, but it can.
    Around the slide there should be a little rubber o ring, slide that down a couple centimeteres until it fits snug into the downstem, that should solve the problem. If none of this makes sense take a picture for us.

5. + rep, thank you for not making me have to type something similar to that lol